Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? 8th May

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Average

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 26.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 84 50.0%

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm guessing that 107 votes in 4 days against 253 votes in 2 months still doesn't mean anything if the answer doesn't reflect well on your impeccable Conservative and Unionist (for now) Party :lolol:

View attachment 123484
View attachment 123485

A disappointing turnout for your poll so far hopefully it's nothing personal .... I wonder if the 83 people who voted very poor/poor in your poll graphic are amongst the same as the 84 that voted very poor/poor in the first poll and would vote the same in any circumstances, shirley not.

The Conservative and Unionist Party is polling surprisingly well considering all the difficulties handling the current crisis. It's almost like the social media sh*tstorm surrounding the government's performance isn't particularly representative of the wider public mood ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A disappointing turnout for your poll so far hopefully it's nothing personal .... I wonder if the 83 people who voted very poor/poor in your poll graphic are amongst the same as the 84 that voted very poor/poor in the first poll and would vote the same in any circumstances, shirley not.

The Conservative and Unionist Party is polling surprisingly well considering all the difficulties handling the current crisis. It's almost like the social media sh*tstorm surrounding the government's performance isn't particularly representative of the wider public mood ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

That'll be it. Those 83 who voted poor or very poor voted first, that's always what happens :lolol:

We'll give it a bit longer :thumbsup:

(And I'm sure you meant 91 and not 83)

Oops 92

*edit *

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the original poll was on the main page for some time so naturally gained more votes.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A disappointing turnout for your poll so far hopefully it's nothing personal .... I wonder if the 83 people who voted very poor/poor in your poll graphic are amongst the same as the 84 that voted very poor/poor in the first poll.

I wouldn’t have thought so would you [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The Conservative and Unionist Party doesn't exist anymore....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We're in deep sh1t,,Johnson to the Tories was just a figurehead, not a crisis leader.

Sometimes a decent cabinet can fill the void, but this lot were chosen for being yes men and yes women, not experience nor competence.

It took Johnson 101 days to make a statement to the house on the pandemic, we all know the rest

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

My vote went from good (could have been very good) to very poor. I am on record on here of stating he was doing largely fine. But I have changed my mind and Boris seems embarrassingly out of his depth now (albeit well-meaning).

My guess is that those who would normally have backed Boris over anything have decided to put their heads in the sand for a bit, with respect to this poll.Apart from a tiny minority that presumably includes you.

But who knows? Maybe you're right.

As for the continued popularity of the tory party, don't forget only 5 weeks ago labour was being 'led' by the biggest pillock in politics (most pillocks have enough introspection to not attempt - and succeed in - a party power grab, and so stay anonymous). Despite the lack of visibility of Starmer, or time, Labour's standing has shot up.

Anyway, it may be a little early for you to relax about the continuity of the tory hegemony. Not only do we have national hope still overshadowing expectation over Covid at the moment (especially with the hints of sunny uplands, last week, before the 'stay alert' debacle), we also have Brexit to get done by the end of the year. Confident? ???

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My vote went from good (could have been very good) to very poor. I am on record on here of stating he was doing largely fine. But I have changed my mind and Boris seems embarrassingly out of his depth now (albeit well-meaning).

My guess is that those who would normally have backed Boris over anything have decided to put their heads in the sand for a bit, with respect to this poll.Apart from a tiny minority that presumably includes you.

As for the continued popularity of the tory party, don't forget only 5 weeks ago labour was being 'led' by the biggest pillock in politics (most pillocks have enough introspection to not attempt - and succeed in - a party power grab, and so stay anonymous). Despite the lack of visibility of Starmer, or time, Labour's standing has shot up.

Anyway, it may be a little early for you to relax about the continuity of the tory hegemony. Not only do we have national hope still overshadowing expectation over Covid at the moment (especially with the hints of sunny uplands, last week, before the 'stay alert' debacle), we also have Brexit to get done by the end of the year. Confident? ???

Here’s 1st May Polls, Starmer only been leader for 5 weeks though and pre apparent shit logo fiasco.

c02b6d3509c14f62bb17c82a7193c683.jpg

There’s 1 or 2 50 somethings in there !
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I also downgraded my initial assessment (previously good). It's still way too early to right Boris/HMG off in my view as this crisis will be with us for quite some time especially the economic fallout. The failings re the virus are many but the public seemed to have factored in plenty of countries have been found wanting (not being prepared, PPE, testing etc) which is why government electoral support is currently around 50%. This could change of course once the public inquiries begin. Also, paying the wages of 7.5 million workers and protecting their jobs is a good start if they can steer a path to economic recovery before the next election I doubt there is much Labour can do. Saying that Starmer has done well so far, played his cards well and the near-empty commons chamber suits his style. Not sure how he will cope if it goes back to the Punch and Judy bear pit. Plus It will be interesting seeing how Starmer manages the different factions in the Labour party and how he presents Labour as a party of change when it's the Tories doing the massive state intervention, running up huge debt and spending money on everything ... stolen all their clothes!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I also downgraded my initial assessment (previously good). It's still way too early to right Boris/HMG off in my view as this crisis will be with us for quite some time especially the economic fallout. The failings re the virus are many but the public seemed to have factored in plenty of countries have been found wanting (not being prepared, PPE, testing etc) which is why government electoral support is currently around 50%. This could change of course once the public inquiries begin. Also, paying the wages of 7.5 million workers and protecting their jobs is a good start if they can steer a path to economic recovery before the next election I doubt there is much Labour can do. Saying that Starmer has done well so far, played his cards well and the near-empty commons chamber suits his style. Not sure how he will cope if it goes back to the Punch and Judy bear pit. Plus It will be interesting seeing how Starmer manages the different factions in the Labour party and how he presents Labour as a party of change when it's the Tories doing the massive state intervention, running up huge debt and spending money on everything ... stolen all their clothes!

Indeed. :cheers:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

People rallying round the Government is usual in times of crisis such as this, however personally I'm sensing a change in the public mood. I'm seeing a lot of people who never express political opinions attacking the Government right now, and not just on social media.

EDIT - subsequently came across this which rather agrees with what I'm seeing;

[TWEET]1260135113297473536[/TWEET]
[TWEET]1260139106711080961[/TWEET]

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here