Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? 8th May

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Average

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 26.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 84 50.0%

• Total voters

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Help me out - a household can arrange to meet one person from another household. But can that second person also connect with a third household?

Last edited:

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Johnson is unlucky. He waddled into a situation that is beyond his competence. And before anyone gets party political, it probably would have been beyond Corbyn's too, certainly Cameron's (a man almost as lazy as Johnson). Maybe Brown could have handled it.

But where we as a country have been shafted is in Johnson appointing cabinet ministers purely on their support for his Brexit project and not on ability. Raab and Patel in particular should be nowhere near ministerial jobs. Gove is a back-stabbing shark and Hancock just looks increasingly out of his depth. And Johnson himself has shown no evidence that he personally can rise to the challenge.

What I think he should have done is appeal to some heavyweights to help out in the nation's hour of need. Tories with any talent or experience (usually the latter rather than the former) such as Clarke, May, Hunt, Lidington, Grieve etc were all too moderate for this government, but would all have done better than the present sorry crowd. I had hopes for Tugenhadt and Ellwood but instead we got the likes of Whately, whose job is clearly to be the sacrificial victim thrown to the media dogs

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Johnson is unlucky. He waddled into a situation that is beyond his competence. And before anyone gets party political, it probably would have been beyond Corbyn's too, certainly Cameron's (a man almost as lazy as Johnson). Maybe Brown could have handled it.

But where we as a country have been shafted is in Johnson appointing cabinet ministers purely on their support for his Brexit project and not on ability. Raab and Patel in particular should be nowhere near ministerial jobs. Gove is a back-stabbing shark and Hancock just looks increasingly out of his depth. And Johnson himself has shown no evidence that he personally can rise to the challenge.

What I think he should have done is appeal to some heavyweights to help out in the nation's hour of need. Tories with any talent or experience (usually the latter rather than the former) such as Clarke, May, Hunt, Lidington, Grieve etc were all too moderate for this government, but would all have done better than the present sorry crowd. I had hopes for Tugenhadt and Ellwood but instead we got the likes of Whately, whose job is clearly to be the sacrificial victim thrown to the media dogs

Yep, unfortunately there isn't much experience left which I think is the key. It's not that much different on the Labour side and our top scientific advisors have been up to much either.

Would've liked to see a government of national unity in some form to get us through this. I agree that Gordon Brown was/is the best man for the job.

Flawed personality but retrospectively admired as a great man in a crisis.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This thread is hilarious, apart from the fact that it’s the second one with the same thread title in the Covid section (The OP new what the poll results would be before posting) being discussed amongst other things without apparent challenge is the Pig ****er, Maybot and the Gold Salesman would all do a better job, even the snake War Crim gets a shout out.

What’s next, after TCE’s advice on furlough payments today is bring back Bullingdon Osborne? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This thread is hilarious, apart from the fact that it’s the second one with the same thread title in the Covid section (The OP new what the poll results would be before posting) being discussed amongst other things without apparent challenge is the Pig ****er, Maybot and the Gold Salesman would all do a better job, even the snake War Crim gets a shout out.

What’s next, after TCE’s advice on furlough payments today is bring back Bullingdon Osborne? [emoji23]

Of course I (and anyone else with a brain cell) knew the results would be different after two months actual experience of the Government dealing with the situation. Re-doing the poll would have been completely pointless if not :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
1st poll deeply flawed = I don't agree with it - 253 respondents

2nd poll agrees with my pov so must be right - 64 respondents

giphy.gif

I'm guessing that 107 votes in 4 days against 253 votes in 2 months still doesn't mean anything if the answer doesn't reflect well on your impeccable Conservative and Unionist (for now) Party :lolol:

NscPoll.jpg
NscPoll2.jpg

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Of course I (and anyone else with a brain cell) knew the results would be different after two months actual experience of the Government dealing with the situation. Re-doing the poll would have been completely pointless if not :facepalm:

So you’re saying everyone knew the poll would be different,so doing the poll is pointless ffs, what’s next, asking 1000 turkeys whether we should call off Christmas?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you’re saying everyone knew the poll would be different,so doing the poll is pointless ffs, what’s next, asking 1000 turkeys whether we should call off Christmas?

I'll try and do this very simply.

Everyone knew it would be different. Nobody knew what it would be.

Better ? :smile:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm guessing that 107 votes in 4 days against 253 votes in 2 months still doesn't mean anything if the answer doesn't reflect well on your impeccable Conservative and Unionist (for now) Party :lolol:

View attachment 123484
View attachment 123485

I’m pretty shocked that the poll has so far revealed that 12 people could rank the government’s effort as Good, Very Good or Superb.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Just to confirm - you can't say derogatory things about a convicted fraudster as they have family but you can say defamatory/libellous things about politicians? Can you publish the rules so we can all toe the line?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just to confirm - you can't say derogatory things about a convicted fraudster as they have family but you can say defamatory/libellous things about politicians? Can you publish the rules so we can all toe the line?

The rules are that you have to have loved your dear old mum, I hope that clears it up?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove

Any poll reflects opinion at the time its done. Professional pollsters repeat poll all the time. The point is to see if opinions change as people experience what happens. Of course the pollster may be biassed but asking the same question is the right approach. Clearly you dont like the answer - tough.

Just for clarity i answered positively the 1st time but poor this time because thats my experience. What exactly is your problem with that?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Any poll reflects opinion at the time its done. Professional pollsters repeat poll all the time. The point is to see if opinions change as people experience what happens. Of course the pollster may be biassed but asking the same question is the right approach. Clearly you dont like the answer - tough.

Just for clarity i answered positively the 1st time but poor this time because thats my experience. What exactly is your problem with that?

I have no problem with your choice on the poll.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Lord knows how many deaths his incompetance has resulted in to be honest

This is someone who previously only had to make the decision of which mistress to sleep with that night and he is woefully out of his depth. He's sloppy, complacent and lacks any attention to detail whatsoever. The worst set of attributes for this situation.

To make matters worse he filled his cabinet with yes men/women, partly on the basis of whether they voted leave or not rather than their actual ability. Any vague suggestion of competence in that cabinet sticks out like a sore thumb

The likes of Patel, Hancock (who I believe was actually a remain voter) and, by far the worse of the lot, Raab, should be absolutely nowhere near senior government positions

Imagine actually voting for this shower of shit

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Very Poor is the closest, but I would rather vote for a new Very, Very Poor option.

I didn't choose the options in the original poll, and if we are going to compare them, the options need to stay the same.

I've already been moaned at for there being 3 positive options and only 2 negative, but it's all [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]'s fault as he did the original one.

Here US, catch :wink:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The simple fact is that the government was able to see what other countries had been doing and how it had been working: lock downs, quarantining people entering the country etc.
None of this was done. The first choice was to let it ravage through the population.
No screening of people entering the country until now, 7-8 weeks later, millions of people going through the airports.

PPE- lies about when it was ordered and partaking in the EU purchasing.

The whole handling of this has been incompetent.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Polls reflect the opinions of people at the time. So why not do another one two months later when more facts have come to light? Surely people are allowed to vote when we know more? I mean, why would anyone be afraid of a second vote once more information comes to light?.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here