Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? 8th May

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Average

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 26.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 84 50.0%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They have messed up so much it’s almost like it’s the plan

I remember waking up last December opening my FB and reading a message from a friend overseas "honestly is that the best you've got?"

I've made on secret that I've never rated Johnson, he doesn't do detail, in a compulsive liar, uses casual racism and xenophobia to further his popularity and is essentially lazy, but I thought if he filled his government with experience and at least a few heavy hitters they might not actually be that bad.

But almost all the grow ups are on the sidelines with a small circle making it up as they go along. Until he goes we're a rudderless ship..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I remember waking up last December opening my FB and reading a message from a friend overseas "honestly is that the best you've got?"

I've made on secret that I've never rated Johnson, he doesn't do detail, in a compulsive liar, uses casual racism and xenophobia to further his popularity and is essentially lazy, but I thought if he filled his government with experience and at least a few heavy hitters they might not actually be that bad.

But almost all the grow ups are on the sidelines with a small circle making it up as they go along. Until he goes we're a rudderless ship..
We are in fact, comprehensively ****ed, we get probably the laziest, most incompetent and selfish PM at the same time as the double whammy of Covid-19 and Brexit. It looks like not only are we going to suffer a higher proportion of deaths than many other comparable countries, we are also set to suffer a financially worse recession than other comparable countries.

When we are going to struggle terribly for the next few years we end up with an idiot whose credibility levels are plunging, and is now lecturing us on racism despite his numerous racist comments!

This is the bloke who is supposedly going to lead us to a promised land of boundless post - Brexit possibilities! In reality we have elected a modern day Flashman, someone who would be barging to the front of the queue for the lifeboats on the Titanic. It's going to be a long, hard few years.

At the end of the day Boris can use the excuse that nothing is down to him and his government. It's down to the public who wanted him to run the country. He got Brexit done☆for that. He is sending Corona virus packing☆. If he hadn't locked down when the science said it was right time then death toll would of been 10 times higher☆. Now, he has overseen the NHS cope where other countries comparable have seen hospitals overwhelmed☆. The country he has promised, will bounce back and be brilliant again very quickly☆.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im confused on the schools reaction. few weeks ago they were being irresponsible asking for limited opening for a couple of years. now they are irresponsible for denying education to the rest. while getting a lot wrong, some just arent happy either way.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Another woeful performance at PMQs. Rather like watching a beached whale die slowly. He can't handle Starmer - all he can do is reflexively counter-attack and question Starmer's (and the teaching unions') integrity, if only to inject a bit of life into his backbenchers. A truly terrible PM, presiding over a national disaster without any sense of accepting responsibility for it.

Jimmy Grimble

im confused on the schools reaction. few weeks ago they were being irresponsible asking for limited opening for a couple of years. now they are irresponsible for denying education to the rest. while getting a lot wrong, some just arent happy either way.

Isn’t it that parents are unhappy that the government/Boris made another promise they haven’t fulfilled by proudly declaring all children would be back for the final 4 weeks? Children and parents alike will have been looking forward to it only to have it pulled from them. Should never have promised it in the first place. Only likely to happen if social distancing measures are dropped.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Isn’t it that parents are unhappy that the government/Boris made another promise they haven’t fulfilled by proudly declaring all children would be back for the final 4 weeks? Children and parents alike will have been looking forward to it only to have it pulled from them. Should never have promised it in the first place. Only likely to happen if social distancing measures are dropped.
i dont remember a promise. there was an aim unspecified in detail, and we're told it cant be done. so government dropped the aim. cant really ask for plans and details with so much uncertainty then knock the changes, end up with less planning and details shared.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
At the end of the day Boris can use the excuse that nothing is down to him and his government. It's down to the public who wanted him to run the country. He got Brexit done☆for that. He is sending Corona virus packing☆. If he hadn't locked down when the science said it was right time then death toll would of been 10 times higher☆. Now, he has overseen the NHS cope where other countries comparable have seen hospitals overwhelmed☆. The country he has promised, will bounce back and be brilliant again very quickly☆.

Not sure if you are serious or whether this is a Little Englanders entry for the Donald Trump tribute act...

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
They have messed up so much it’s almost like it’s the plan

A plan?
Let's rewind a bit.
Cummings to Johnson.
Boris, can you stop looking in the mirror and ruffling your hair, I need to talk to you urgently.
Oh my god, have the media found out that we are lovers.
No, not yet, but I have this great plan.
Good, because I can't think of a bloody thing, what's the sitch.
Well, you know all the old people that keep on living and costing us a fortune in pensions and clogging up the NHS.
Yes.
But also we are getting pelters because we have totally neglected care homes and mental health.
Yes.
Well, my plan is to redecorate all the care homes and replace the carpets they keep pissing on.
Sounds good, but don't we need to empty the care homes to do that.
Well here's the clever part, if we move them around a bit under the cover of Covid 19 free up some beds and blame the scientists we can save a fortune, help the NHS and redecorate all the homes and make it look like we care.
Sounds like a plan Dom, now come here big boy, I need you to dish it out to me.
All allegedly of course, I have absolutely no proof this conversation actually happened.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So today:

At least 1,300 people brought the virus to our Country (mostly from Europe from early Feb) but the Government would have you believe that closing the borders and quarantine would have been useless earlier in the epidemic.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52993734

UK economy to be the worst hit among major economies yet Mr Johnson is ‘proud’ of the Government’s response to the pandemic.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52991913

Not even NSC’s most right-wing gammon bother to post and defend the dithering, blustering, part time buffoon anymore!

The protests against the Government that will demand the resignation of Johnson and his ‘Covid-19’ are coming. If people thought the anti-Brexit demonstrations were massive, these protests will be on a different scale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here