Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? 8th May

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Average

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 26.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 84 50.0%

• Total voters

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
WTF have Corbyn or Starmer got to do with this :shrug:

The question, that you have completely ignored is How do you think the Government have handled it so far ? Your first line was a reasonable repsonse, then you went off at a complete tangent.

Corbyn/Starmer were/ are leaders of oppositon so have quite a lot to do with this,unless you think views of opposition should be ignored.

How do I think Gov have handled it so far.?

It could have been handled better ,as with hindsight could almost anything.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
With the Hindsight that we now have making it easy to see where we could have done better. It is very easy to be critical.

No doubt the left of NSC are convinced Corbyn/Starmer would have done better whilst the Tory diehards will be greatfull that Boris was in charge.

Lets all just hope/pray that the daily deaths keep falling and a vaccine/cure is available soon.

That’s all you have left when defending the gov

“Would have been worse if someone else was in charge”

Not really confidence boost

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
That’s all you have left when defending the gov

“Would have been worse if someone else was in charge”

Not really confidence boost

I`m sure some would have handled better and probably some worse. Lets hope we never have to find out !!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I went for Poor rather than Very Poor purely because in the end they listened, albeit far, far too late. It wouldn't have surprised me if they'd tried to go full Trump on it.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
With the Hindsight that we now have making it easy to see where we could have done better. It is very easy to be critical.

No doubt the left of NSC are convinced Corbyn/Starmer would have done better whilst the Tory diehards will be greatfull that Boris was in charge.

Lets all just hope/pray that the daily deaths keep falling and a vaccine/cure is available soon.

By the same token you might just as well ask how much worse it could have been if we'd put the Chuckle Brothers in charge. The fact is they are the Government, they make the decisions and they carry the can if it goes wrong. That's how leadership works.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

If only there was some way of assessing the response from the UK leadership against others, eh?

On this global stage, the "[Labour leader] would be worse!!!!!!" scare line really doen't work.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

It's not hindsight that most who are critical of Johnson are resorting to. In my case, it was the advice offered by WHO, and the rapid spread of this virus in February and early March that has led me to give him a very poor ranking. You can add in underfunding the NHS and social care for a decade (although that blame can be widely spread through the Tories and the electorate). You can also add in a cavalier approach to emergency planning, which involved ignoring preparation for pandemics, and ramping up the threat of terrorism.

FWIW, since they actually got round to implementing the lockdown, they've done alright. I could do without their constant lying, misinformation and disinformation, though.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's not hindsight that most who are critical of Johnson are resorting to. In my case, it was the advice offered by WHO, and the rapid spread of this virus in February and early March that has led me to give him a very poor ranking. You can add in underfunding the NHS and social care for a decade (although that blame can be widely spread through the Tories and the electorate). You can also add in a cavalier approach to emergency planning, which involved ignoring preparation for pandemics, and ramping up the threat of terrorism.

FWIW, since they actually got round to implementing the lockdown, they've done alright. I could do without their constant lying, misinformation and disinformation, though.

Firstly you obviously can't speak for 'most' as you don't know other peoples motivations secondly, does your criticism spread to the SNP government in Scotland and Welsh government (Labour) who have ultimate responsibility for health and social care? If HM Governments actions were so obviously negligent and at odds with WHO recommendations then shirley they would have enacted additional measures ..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I thought he seemed to be doing OK at first, if a little patronising (action delayed ostensibly because the public can't be trusted to not behave like panicking hoarding cretins, a concern with which I had sympathy). Right now it looks shockingly bad. There may be a few monkeys spinning this to their party advantage, but I have the benefit of having the worst of them on ignore, so it all seems failrly balanced to me on NSC - concern and anxiety and hope in variable measure. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corbyn/Starmer were/ are leaders of oppositon so have quite a lot to do with this,unless you think views of opposition should be ignored.

How do I think Gov have handled it so far.?

It could have been handled better ,as with hindsight could almost anything.

Eh? The views of the oppositon were ignored. This is not a government of national unity. It is a conservative and unionist government.

Starmer has been labour leader since April 4. Just over a month. And you think he has 'quite a lot to do with this'? ??? Until Boris invites him to the Cobra meetings he has and will have nothing to do with this.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I thought he seemed to be doing OK at first, if a little patronising (action delayed ostensibly because the public can't be trusted to not behave like panicking hoarding cretins, a concern with which I had sympathy). Right now it looks shockingly bad. There may be a few monkeys spinning this to their party advantage, but I have the benefit of having the worst of them on ignore, so it all seems failrly balanced to me on NSC - concern and anxiety and hope in variable measure. :shrug:

Concern and anxiety lessening as the no of daily deaths declines. Fingers crossed, hoping the next few weeks continue that decline and any release from lock down doesn`t trigger another surge.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The highlights:

Contracts given to their mates without any tendering process
The Turkey PPE lies on delivery and now found that the PPE can't be used
100,000 Tests, figures fiddled to meet target, but since woefully under
Test kits issued without return labels, told to bin.
Test results taking too long to get back
Reports of people at drive through testing centres having to administer the test themselves, so many tests invalid
Mixed messages everywhere
Shoplifting down and other obvious attempts to divert away from performance
Any scrutiny being avoided by 'now is not the time' so a public inquiry at a future date

We will see what tomorrow brings, but I'm not hopeful of anything other than the current dismal performance

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Eh? The views of the oppositon were ignored. This is not a government of national unity. It is a conservative and unionist government.

Starmer has been labour leader since April 4. Just over a month. And you think he has 'quite a lot to do with this'? ??? Until Boris invites him to the Cobra meetings he has and will have nothing to do with this.

For the Prime Minister it seems COBRA meetings were optional, maybe the sandwiches were crap ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wonder if the diehard Tories on here are going to start logging in to their second accounts in order to get this vote turned around ? The initial voting seemed deeply flawed given the inaction and dithering of Johnson, I really can't believe that the vote would turn this far around unless all our resident Tories are away at their second homes and holiday cottages and off the internet for the weekend ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wonder if the diehard Tories on here are going to start logging in to their second accounts in order to get this vote turned around ? The initial voting seemed deeply flawed given the inaction and dithering of Johnson, I really can't believe that the vote would turn this far around unless all our resident Tories are away at their second homes and holiday cottages and off the internet for the weekend ?

1st poll deeply flawed = I don't agree with it - 253 respondents

2nd poll agrees with my pov so must be right - 64 respondents

giphy.gif

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
'And now we cut live to JC Footy Genius at Conservative Party HQ to let us know how he thinks the Conservative Party have responded to COVID-19'

bagdad-bob.gif

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
stayalert.jpg

The new government advice. Not "Stay at home" or "Stay apart". Not "Keep your distance" or "Keep apart".

Just a vague "Stay alert". Ridiculous.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's quite clear they made a few but bad decisions at the start and have run out of ideas now their expected outcome has failed. Rather than leading on the issue, they have simply accepted the fact that the general public have started to gradually ignore the guidelines.

All they have now is fog and nuance and it's over to us however we want to play it

After this is over an inquiry can't come quick enough. The terms of reference must extend beyond the start of the crises and why previous warnings about lack of readiness were ignored.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's quite clear they made a few but bad decisions at the start and have run out of ideas now their expected outcome has failed. Rather than leading on the issue, they have simply accepted the fact that the general public have started to gradually ignore the guidelines.

All they have now is fog and nuance and it's over to us however we want to play it

After this is over an inquiry can't come quick enough. The terms of reference must extend beyond the start of the crises and why previous warnings about lack of readiness were ignored.
Did not listen to last night's speech at the time, heard it repeated on 5Live just now. Nothing sensational in the speech but for once Johnson performed at the level of competency expected of a PM. About time.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Did not listen to last night's speech at the time, heard it repeated on 5Live just now. Nothing sensational in the speech but for once Johnson performed at the level of competency expected of a PM. About time.

To be fair, his 'Lockdown' speech came across like that as well. But it's all the rest isn't it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here