Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? 8th May

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Average

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 26.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 84 50.0%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Started off ok and gone down hill massively

We have data that suggests the older are at risk and we are not using it

Death failure

Testing failure

PPE failure in places

Economy trashed

Seemingly no idea how to get out of this

Sage expert sacked for not being bothered to follow rules

Not all his fault, but he’s in charge sooooooo

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Too slow to react to start with and doesn't respond to events. Should have been nowhere near a hospital to catch it off someone as he was Prime Minister and should have been leading the response. Should have properly handed over to a deputy when he was incapacitated.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Poor.

Should’ve banned international travel and still hasn’t.

He listened to Professor Fergusson who has form in making inaccurate doom and gloom prophesies.

The lockdown should’ve been three to four weeks to get the NHS ready and then loosened for all under-65s unless in a vulnerable category.

Under-65s should’ve been told to keep washing their hands and to social distance as much as possible.

Instead we’re looking at a depression the like of which hasn’t been seen since the 1930s and people are scared to leave their houses even for cancer treatment. And the depression will lead to mental health issues as well as hardships that will cost many lives.

Also, they were too eager to announce deaths. This meant that people who died with Covid or hadn’t even been tested were lumped in with the real victims. And purely on political terms, being among the first to combine Care home deaths with hospital deaths left an open goal for the opposition to shriek about how we have the biggest death toll in Europe, ignoring that Spain and France have mostly released just hospital figures. I suspect the true figures will emerge eventually, but the damage is done.

To sum up the Swedish approach: this virus spreads quickly and there’s no cure. Most people will get it sooner or later. The vast majority will experience a few days of illness or not even realise they’ve had it. We should’ve gone for herd immunity whilst protecting the vulnerable as best we can.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Boris himself? Hard to tell.

A better question would probably be "How do you think Government & its advisors has handled it so far ?", unless you got a dictatorship going.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Abysmally.

On the positive side there was some very good contact tracing at the start, but once they stopped that then it has been a catalogue of errors.

- Dabbling with natural herd immunity.

- No quarantine on incoming flights.

- Dither and delay.

- Cummings' Cronys being given the contract to develop the tracing app.

A masterclass in how not to handle a pandemic.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A masterclass in how not to handle a pandemic.

I saw an interesting piece on the BBC and this view is (almost without exception) how the rest of the World’s media are reporting our Government’s handling of the crisis.

It's not Boris but the general government overall has in my view been just below average and just above poor. Many mistakes have been made and to be honest although unprecedented times in comparison to our European counterparts we should of learnt more from them that were a week or 2 ahead of us. As with British public I think we've handled it better than the government. As in a different thread I think the majority of us have been super in our sticking to the rules donating to NHS and helping the vulnerable/essential workers etc etc

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Shockingly bad.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the wider world, Johnson and Starmer are both flying high.

E4C912FB-2EB4-4248-B094-1CC20C8CEF3F.png

Poor old Corbyn was a car crash :down:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boris himself? Hard to tell.

A better question would probably be "How do you think Government & its advisors has handled it so far ?", unless you got a dictatorship going.

Boris has tried to develop the persona of a cross between a cheeky chappie and Churchill. Now he has actual issues that require decisions and leadership, he's emerged as a bit of a ditherer. We are one of only three nations (the others are Brazil and America, although I suspect we haven't seen the true picture in India or Pakistan yet) where there is no real sign that the number of new cases each day is falling. Like the US it is pretty steady. In fact the US trend may be a bit better than ours (see second attachment below), and they are in deep shit with nearly 50,000 new cases between yesterday and today.

But we do have a ****witty nation here. I again had to tell someone to not stand next to me to grab stuff off the shelf of our posh food outlet, Macknade, today. Middle class man in late 30s. Unlike the daft bint the other week who 'you are kidding me'd at me - he did actually realise and apologise. But he could have already passed the virus on to 3 people. Maybe we are simply the EU nation with the biggest proportion of thick-as-mince numpties, hence our shit data, and none of it is the fault of Boris :shrug:

You can spot the UK and Brazil easily in the first figure below from today's Johns Hopkins. Below that is US and UK new cases. Only Brazil looks worse than the UK now, and it is early days there.

I don't think you can simply say that the UK is now the world leader in testing and diagnosis which is why we are finding more cases, and Boris should be congratulated, if not given a knighthood. But some will say that. So I am still keeping my powder dry. For now.

confirmed.PNG

usa uk.PNG

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Given the government's got nothing else to do, how poor could it be managed?

Given cygnus; testing; and ppe; the number of NHS workers dieing is a national disgrace

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Really bad. They care more about the daily briefings and ratings than the people of the United Kingdom. I'm not saying they want people to die only that their self serving careerists trying to control the narrative. Boris is a bloody bufoon but we knew that anyway. I do appreciate people being allowed outside during the lockdown though in comparison to Italy and Spain. That speech BJ made about covid in February is very damining of his approach. Still they'll proabably win in 5 years.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
NscPoll2.jpg

NscPoll.jpg

Early days with only about 17% of the number of votes on the last poll, but significantly different to 2 months ago

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
View attachment 123356

View attachment 123355

Early days with only about 17% of the number of votes on the last poll, but significantly different to 2 months ago

Indeed. 57% ‘Good to Superb’ to 69% ‘Poor to Very Poor’. And that’s in a survey that’s loaded to get a positive outcome by having one more positive choice than negative and by using strong positive language (Superb) against weak negative language (Very Poor). There were no powerfully negative adjectives like appalling, awful or disastrous because I’m assuming that the original poll starter did not think the anyone would believe that the government had done that badly.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On the 7th of March he was in the West Stand at Twickenham shaking hands with people as England beat Wales in front of 80,000 people.

Less than a month later he was admitted to intensive care.

It's a very poor from me I'm afraid.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
With the Hindsight that we now have making it easy to see where we could have done better. It is very easy to be critical.

No doubt the left of NSC are convinced Corbyn/Starmer would have done better whilst the Tory diehards will be greatfull that Boris was in charge.

Lets all just hope/pray that the daily deaths keep falling and a vaccine/cure is available soon.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
With the Hindsight that we now have making it easy to see where we could have done better. It is very easy to be critical.

No doubt the left of NSC are convinced Corbyn/Starmer would have done better whilst the Tory diehards will be greatfull that Boris was in charge.

Lets all just hope/pray that the daily deaths keep falling and a vaccine/cure is available soon.
I think Corbyn/Starmer could not possibly have done any worse than Johnson.

Worst case would be that they would have done as badly, with the possibility that they would have done better.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

WTF have Corbyn or Starmer got to do with this :shrug:

The question, that you have completely ignored is How do you think the Government have handled it so far ? Your first line was a reasonable repsonse, then you went off at a complete tangent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here