Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Palace Scum cheating on Popmaster

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Most blatant cheating I've ever heard. At one point he said: "I can't pronounce that...Green Pitney..."

Sure enough, when he had the chance to say hi to people he checked " all the Crystal Palace fans out there.. "

And he still lost.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I boo'd when he mentioned Palace fans, and my eldest said he was glad he'd lost. I got more points than him and would have got the 3 from 10 too.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Most blatant cheating I've ever heard. At one point he said: "I can't pronounce that...Green Pitney..."

Sure enough, when he had the chance to say hi to people he checked " all the Crystal Palace fans out there.. "

And he still lost.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

He wasn't cheating, don't be silly - He was very funny though, I'm pretty sure Ken couldn't wait for him to get off the air. "Vera Lynn, you minx" :O

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought exactly the same as I listened. He lost his nerve after the Green Pitney cheating and stopped doing it, getting nothing right from there.

I got the impression that Bruce knew he was cheating too

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I got the impression that Bruce knew he was cheating too

Same. I was wondering if someone was mouthing the answers to him in the background and he was shit at lip-reading, or he was Googling them and he's illiterate.

Either way, he stunk Popmaster out today. Berk.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
How absolutely tragic must you be to want to cheat at Popmaster! Make yourself look a dick on national radio just to try and win a 20 quid speaker.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Clearly cheating. Not a great idea to rely on Shazam when you are illiterate.

Still lost. Mug.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Took a bit of a dislike to him when he said he was from Southampton, and this escalated with his obvious cheating, and was firmly cemented when he mentioned them. Plum.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve just googled Green Pitney and he was a big country and western singer about the same time as Gene but went to the electric chair in Texas for strangling his pregnant girlfriend in a motel room whilst high on drugs... what a story.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Listening now on BBC Sounds.

Standard Palace fan.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Maybe he was just getting confused with the green Pitney Bowes postage machine ribbon cartridge. It's a perfectly understandable mistake to make.
Screenshot_2020-05-08-14-09-51.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here