Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will we get season ticket refunds?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Haven’t seen anything announced yet. Even if the season does go ahead the games will be behind closed doors.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The season goes on and on and ever on.

There won't be any news on refunds until a plan to bring it to a conclusion is agreed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The only thing announced so far is that for direct debit payers refunds will come in the form of reductions on next seasons payments

I'm a direct debit chap but gave up my ticket for next season. Do you think i will receive a lump sum back into my account ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nothing announced because no decision made yet. Simple really.

You can easily state now what happens later according to the decision. A week ago Norwich communicated to fans via the website:

As previously communicated, all season tickets for the club’s postponed games will remain valid for any potentially rearranged fixtures.

However, if it is decided that any of the Canaries’ remaining five home league fixtures cannot be fulfilled, or indeed played behind closed doors, the club will offer a pro rata refund against the cost of the season ticket for the number of games that have been affected.

The refund will only be offered when the season has concluded. Further information around how season ticket holders will receive their refund will be communicated in due course and when the situation is clearer.

Manchester United, Everton,Liverpool and Tottenham have promised the same - either refunding or taking the money off next years ticket.

It inevitable a refund (or discount) will be offered else this will end up in the courts.

When the football begins again properly, I think we can guarantee that one off ticket prices are going to go through the roof to pay for all of this.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When the football begins again properly, I think we can guarantee that one off ticket prices are going to go through the roof to pay for all of this.

The one-off ticket prices were ridiculous before all of this, so for that reason (if this is indeed what happens), I'm out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The one-off ticket prices were ridiculous before all of this, so for that reason (if this is indeed what happens), I'm out.

Who knows. It could take a year before crowds are allowed again. For all we know it could take ten years.

Depending on time frame and measures and other things, there could be massive poverty and clubs would need to decrease prices. Or there could be massive inflation and a ticket could cost £10 000.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who knows. It could take a year before crowds are allowed again. For all we know it could take ten years.

Depending on time frame and measures and other things, there could be massive poverty and clubs would need to decrease prices. Or there could be massive inflation and a ticket could cost £10 000.

Or the playing staff wage bill is adjusted. I cannot see a massive hike in ticket prices given the current and future economic climate. And the club will need to tread carefully as there isn’t much, if any, of a season ticket waiting list at the moment.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The only thing announced so far is that for direct debit payers refunds will come in the form of reductions on next seasons payments

That only makes sense if fans will be in attendance at next season’s games otherwise they will need to be refunded as well. There is no chance of fans in grounds next season unless a vaccine has been discovered. The club needs to refund the last five games of this season and suspend the direct debits.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

And if the one-off ticket prices do go through the roof, remember all those players kissing their badge as they score goals. They may as well be running over to the crowd Harry Enfield style and waving a wad of cash while shouting 'Corona-Money!'

(younger views Google 'Loadsamoney')

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The 3 month payment break relates to next season payments tho doesn't it?

No this season, 3 MONTH Direct Debit Payment Holiday (May/June/July) this is for 1901 though, it equates to the cost of the last 5 home matches, but it may be different for a normal season ticket.

The club will have some sorting to do as there is only 1 more year left on the 5 year contract.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It isn’t a payment break, it is a holiday (effectively the club are lending you money). At present the plan is to add the missed payments into subsequent payments. The club will have sent you a DD schedule outlining your higher payments (from August I think).

I think it's slightly different if it's a 1901 season ticket, the club can't reclaim that money if this season isn't completed or is played behind closed doors.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No this season, 3 MONTH Direct Debit Payment Holiday (May/June/July) this is for 1901 though, it equates to the cost of the last 5 home matches, but it may be different for a normal season ticket.

Ah, right, cheers, wasn't aware of the way it was applied to 1901 season tickets

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think it's slightly different if it's a 1901 season ticket, the club can't reclaim that money if this season isn't completed or is played behind closed doors.

I think that is true of ordinary season tickets as well. The general agreement on some form of behind closed doors (if they get the restart they want) means the new, higher direct debits won’t actually happen. In the absence of announcements though that schedule is the current plan (daft though it is).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They could at least refund the Norwich away tickets that were purchased even I can tell them it isn't going to be played with a crowd present, if played at all.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I had Guest tickets for the Arsenal game, they were for a pal and his kids, he gave me the money to pay for them. He asked about a refund this week so I contacted the club about a refund for them this was the response...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good afternoon AB,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

I can confirm on behalf of the club that we are unable to currently provide you with a refund of monies. This isn’t us being difficult, it is the same for all clubs currently whilst the league is postponed. No games have been cancelled and the league is due to recommence at some point, we simply haven’t been notified by the Premier League.

At the point in which they tell us the date of the game, if at that point you cannot attend that advertised game then at that point you will receive an opportunity to apply for a refund. This would also include if they confirm that all games are to be played behind closed doors.

I hope this clears up our position and very much hope you take care over the coming weeks.

If there is anything else we can assist you with in the meantime then please don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services Manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankfully my pal is being OK about his refund, suppose he has no choice. I did offer to pay him the money back myself just in case he's short (He is on Furlough) but he did say he's ok for now. It's over £90 and that is a lot of money to some in these hard times.

Re the 19/20 season ticket and the 5 remaining home games, I have kind of written that money off. I'm sure I'd find a use for it if they did refund but as it was paid in lump sum over a year ago it doesn’t enter into my mind as anything other that spent. If it helps the club pay staff over the crisis or helps the club survive then great. I’m happy with that, but I am very lucky that I can afford to be, I know many are not in as good a position, folk have lost income, jobs and businesses all over the place and that money could be used else where. If they refund this season's games and I'm not totally skint by then I'll use that money to buy the kids some tat from the club shop so we (The kids, my self and the club) all get something back.

Since this all kicked off I have had my hours reduced to 4 day weeks and there is no bonus for us sales folk when were only dragging in 30% of the business we normally would. 50% of my co workers have been furloughed. Thankfully May is looking far better for my industry. I work in Auto Doors and as no right minded bugger wants to touch doors anymore we will expect it to go bonkers as folk get back to work. I am lucky enough to have a wee bit put by and so I consider myself very lucky. This last 2 years is the first time in my 23 years of working that i had been able to save some money. That said the lump sum for next season's (20/21) tickets (Myself and my 2 boys) went out in April and that stung more than a little as it was over £800, especially knowing were unlikely to see half of the season’s games. I guess we’ll see how we go, I just want the club to survive so we have something to watch when this is all over.

I have been offered a full refund on my 2020 Euro's tickets, being stupid, Scottish and still thinking "we might qualify and I'm not missing that" I have not gone for the refund. That is a good £400's worth of tickets, please, no one tell my wife!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here