Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] May 7 2016 the birth of a shyster.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Long and awful day that, remember Adomah following our coach out of the shithole, flashing his headlamps etc etc.

A year later, to the day, we were blowing the Championship at Villa.

7 May is not our best day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Horrible day that.

It all started brightly with me and my mate getting a lift to Brighton Station in Glenn Murray's Father In Law's cab, which we took as a sign of great things to come. By 11am we were crammed in to a cross between a train and a bus from Darlo to Middlesboro watching sad eyed Geordies barbequing in their council house backyards. It was 11 degrees and foggy. We spotted [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in town and were roundly and homophobically abused by a woman the size of an elephant with measles, only with a worse complexion.

The less said about the game the better. 2,300 people making non-stop noise in the away end but, for once, Boro singing non stop all over the ground.

Just enough time for a walk back to the station through little groups of nutters who either hadn't had tickets or were banned before getting back to Darlo to find out the trains were Donald Ducked. At least this meant we got a chat with Tony Bloom at Kings X - he was even more livid than me.

But all of this just made the next year even sweeter and now look at them. The ugly back to fronts.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Horrible day that.

It all started brightly with me and my mate getting a lift to Brighton Station in Glenn Murray's Father In Law's cab, which we took as a sign of great things to come. By 11am we were crammed in to a cross between a train and a bus from Darlo to Middlesboro watching sad eyed Geordies barbequing in their council house backyards. It was 11 degrees and foggy. We spotted [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in town and were roundly and homophobically abused by a woman the size of an elephant with measles, only with a worse complexion.

The less said about the game the better. 2,300 people making non-stop noise in the away end but, for once, Boro singing non stop all over the ground.

Just enough time for a walk back to the station through little groups of nutters who either hadn't had tickets or were banned before getting back to Darlo to find out the trains were Donald Ducked. At least this meant we got a chat with Tony Bloom at Kings X - he was even more livid than me.

But all of this just made the next year even sweeter and now look at them. The ugly back to fronts.

I remember watching on a dodgy stream, my wife had to shout at me for shouting obscenities at the tablet.
Not funny then, but looking back now, seemed quite childlike.
But at least now it can be looked at as an episode in Albion's voyage to the PL.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I went to the beamback at The Amex. If I'm perfectly honest, I can't actually remember much about the day as it was such an anti-climax, and I have a sneaky feeling I might just have ended up as pissed as a fart :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The angriest I’ve ever been at a ref’s decision. It wasn’t the worst decision I’ve seen - it was the magnitude, and the utter cuntery of the man presiding.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
And it was around this time of the year when he was seen supporting Tranmere Rovers in the play-offs at Forest Green. What a t**t he looked in his 'football casual' wear. :wanker:

More reason for the League One season to be hopefully completed - Tranmere are in the last relegation spot, three points from safety and with a poor goal difference.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The angriest I’ve ever been at a ref’s decision. It wasn’t the worst decision I’ve seen - it was the magnitude, and the utter cuntery of the man presiding.

It was the changing his mind from yellow to red, because of Ramirez's protestations and tiny shin pads. And Ramirez kicked Stephens' studs FFS!
I'm still angry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We appear to be having the last laugh...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was the changing his mind from yellow to red, because of Ramirez's protestations and tiny shin pads. And Ramirez kicked Stephens' studs FFS!
I'm still angry.

Don’t get me wrong, it was still a ****ing woeful decision - Ramirez also slapped his hand, which is obviously a straight red in itself - but when you then times it by both the importance and how much of a prick Dean is, my anger was off the scale.

There was a clip on ITV local news of the crowd reaction at the beamback and you can see me saying many bad words.

Last edited:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I wasn't well enough to make the game so I watched it at the Amex beamback. Grown men crying in the stands at full time - ridiculous.

Awful refereeing decision and I still believe that we'd have gone on to win the game but for the red card. We were back in the game and the momentum was with us. I'm confident we'd either have won the game or given them a serious scare.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We made the best of it, staying up there the night before and the night after. Went to Whitby after the game and had a pleasant time in the pub. Got chatting with some Hull fans who predicted we would struggle in the play offs because we should have got automatic. They weren’t wrong. We already had a huge sense of anti climax, particularly as we were getting back in the game when Stephens was sent off. Worth mentioning that the atmosphere in the home end next to us (behind the goal) was immense.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
31164.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was irate. I knew we’d f*** the play-offs and that our promotion quest would be over for that season.

As others have said, the fact that Shyster pulls out a yellow and is trying to hold it aloft as a Boro player rips it out of his hands adds insult to injury.

When a player is pissin about juggling the ball over his shoulder, you don’t step back and clap, you nip in and steal them ball. Dale initiated the reclamation of possession when Ramirez was facing the other way, he spun around and blindly kicked Dale’s boot as he struggled to find the ball he was juggling. One of those 50/50 tackles which is no one’s fault but the infant shin guards gave the squealer the option to cry n’ grass.

Boro were only 2 points above the Championship relegation zone when Covid-19 struck, let’s hope fate can find a way to get them into League One for next season. And as for the Shyster, he can still **** off!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It is my wife's birthday, I think it is punishment for attending both beambacks at the Amex rather than being with her on her birthday. But there are certain things that are just too important

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now look at us and look at them.

F**k Boro. I wish Pompey-esque failure,disaster and obscurity on them. A shit club, a shit trip, a lowlight of the season home or away. You look at the fixture list, see 'Middlesbrough', and only turn up at home because you have to. Utter nonentities, and frankly I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they went tits up. There are literally NO redeeming features to that shithouse northern carbuncle. May they fold and not prosper.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here