Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Summer 2020 holidays - Germany & Italy giving the go ahead

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
9A970483-6A3F-4D8F-B59D-B7BB950B750F.png

Things changing quickly, only weeks ago Italians were suffering.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Only problem with tourist ' hot spots ' in Europe ( e.g Italy and Spain ) is that very few people are going to go there in 2020, apart from their own nationals. All industry experts are saying that this sector will be severely depressed for 2-3 years. I understand the desperation of these countries to stimulate important parts of their economy but they will not ' save the summer ' That is a write-off. There is simply too much caution around to see people flocking out to resorts.
I have spoken to many friends and acquaintances in the UK and every single one has said that they will not be going abroad until 2021.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Excellent, no mention of the UK on that list, as a country suffering the SECOND worse mortality rate in the WORLD I don’t think we are ready to open our borders to tourism yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the only country (technically) in the EU who didnt was the country demanding the ability to control their borders, resulting in what you have said ie the 2nd highest mortality rate in the world. Government was negligent

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think the only country (technically) in the EU who didnt was the country demanding the ability to control their borders, resulting in what you have said ie the 2nd highest mortality rate in the world. Government was negligent

You’re quite right Dave.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Excellent, no mention of the UK on that list, as a country suffering the SECOND worse mortality rate in the WORLD I don’t think we are ready to open our borders to tourism yet.

I am holding fire on the final scores on 'mortality' figures on this virus from all nations. Those figures won't be around for many, many months.

Sent from Lockdown

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am holding fire on the final scores on 'mortality' figures on this virus from all nations. Those figures won't be around for many, many months.

Sent from Lockdown

Same here, seeing as there were news clips of France transporting patients to other regions by train, Spain with people queued up on floors in a hospital waiting to be treated due to lack of beds and Italy the army transporting mass bodies to be buried I think there are a lot more deaths in these three countries unreported so far.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Sent from Lockdown

Well, it may turn out we're not bottom (assuming you view this as some sort of morbid competition), either way it's not going to be too crash hot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only problem with tourist ' hot spots ' in Europe ( e.g Italy and Spain ) is that very few people are going to go there in 2020, apart from their own nationals. All industry experts are saying that this sector will be severely depressed for 2-3 years. I understand the desperation of these countries to stimulate important parts of their economy but they will not ' save the summer ' That is a write-off. There is simply too much caution around to see people flocking out to resorts.
I have spoken to many friends and acquaintances in the UK and every single one has said that they will not be going abroad until 2021.

I can see many people wanting to go abroad for their usual two weeks away. They won’t even stay in in the UK, visiting each other for BBQs, and sitting on benches having beers together.
Even when Spain went into lockdown, Brits were wandering along the promenades, videoed swimming in the hotel pool (video clip on NSC of a British woman councillor getting arrested) and whinging because the bars were closed.
Your friends & acquaintances may be sensible, but there are many who aren’t.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well, it may turn out we're not bottom (assuming you view this as some sort of morbid competition), either way it's not going to be too crash hot.

I do not, in any way, see it as a 'competition'.

My reference was more to those who quote daily on how bad our stats are, yet they might not necessarily a true reflection on the awful numbers involved worldwide.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Ive said before that I wasnt thrilled with the State of Emergency and very strict laws imposed here but as of Tuesday there have been 258 deaths in CZ

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I do not, in any way, see it as a 'competition'.

My reference was more to those who quote daily on how bad our stats are, yet they might not necessarily a true reflection on the awful numbers involved worldwide.

Point remains though, they are either going to be quite bad or very bad. No chance of the figures turning out to be "comfortably mid table"

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Summer 2020 holidays - Germany & Italy giving the go ahead

Ive said before that I wasnt thrilled with the State of Emergency and very strict laws imposed here but as of Tuesday there have been 258 deaths in CZ

Amazing Dave how lucky you are to live in an amazing country, I bet the waiting list for residency is off the charts?

Out of interest what’s the CR’s contribution to Europe’s refugee crisis?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Oh well Dave’s silence is strangely deafening !

Here’s what the Czech Republic’s PM said on the mater!

The Czech Prime Minister, Andrej Babis, says his country will not accept one single refugee, and neither should the rest of the European Union.

Prime Minister Andrej Babis told the daily newspaper "Pravo" that no exceptions would be made to his migration policy even in cases of hardship, such as orphans from the conflict in Syria.

"Why should we take them in? We have orphans here that we need to help in order for them to have a better life," the billionaire Prime Minister said.

https://www.radio.cz/en/section/cur...untry-to-grant-asylum-humanitarian-protection

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....fugees-hungary-poland-czech-republic.amp.html

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Oh well Dave’s silence is strangely deafening !

Here’s what the Czech Republic’s PM said on the mater!

The Czech Prime Minister, Andrej Babis, says his country will not accept one single refugee, and neither should the rest of the European Union.

Prime Minister Andrej Babis told the daily newspaper "Pravo" that no exceptions would be made to his migration policy even in cases of hardship, such as orphans from the conflict in Syria.

"Why should we take them in? We have orphans here that we need to help in order for them to have a better life," the billionaire Prime Minister said.

https://www.radio.cz/en/section/cur...untry-to-grant-asylum-humanitarian-protection

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....fugees-hungary-poland-czech-republic.amp.html

A. Im making a mix
B. I know
C. The relevance ?
D. Reported the other day, that yes there has been a surge in residency applications from UK citizens

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Summer 2020 holidays - Germany & Italy giving the go ahead

A. Im making a mix
B. I know
C. The relevance ?

This is NSC there doesn’t need to be any relevance.

As far as you spouting off what a Great Country CZ is every ten minutes and critiquing the UK government on an overseas football forum why don’t you take some of your rhetoric and aim it at your Billionaire PM.

Edit just seen you added D.

Well as long as they’re are not refugees I guess they’ll get in no problem.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
This is NSC there doesn’t need to be any relevance.

As far as you spouting off what a Great Country CZ is every ten minutes and critiquing the UK government on an overseas football forum why don’t you take some of your rhetoric and aim it at your Billionaire PM.

Edit just seen you added D.

Well as long as they’re are not refugees I guess they’ll get in no problem.

CZ has a very low corona death rate due to diligence
UK has a very high death rate due to negligence

Sorry if facts irritate you.

I dont agree with the govt here's stance on refugees from a devastated middle east however they werent responsible for devastating it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
CZ has a very low corona death rate due to diligence
UK has a very high death rate due to negligence

Sorry if facts irritate you.

I dont agree with the govt here's stance on refugees from a devastated middle east however they werent responsible for devastating it.

Dave me old mate at no point have I said I disagree with you on the UK’s negligence.

The CZ have been nasty in their approach to the refugee crisis and to be frank couldn’t give a shit about EU laws and bloc expectations, they are not a team player it seems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here