Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Sussex By The Sea

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
The 85 year old Father in Law is convinced that in Lewes tonight at 8pm after a loud firework bang we're all going to sing 'Sussex By The Sea'

Anyone heard anything about this or is it a case of a bit of cabin fever on his behalf. Anyway I don't need an excuse to sing it.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Just seen it, ITS AT 9pm, and we've been asked to put some lighting in the house window

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Let your voices ring my boys (and girls).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think parliament is also singing a rendition of Captain Beaky.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What the actual ****! :ffsparr:

Well, the actual line in the Lewes version is 'friends'. Mainly to include everyone in the singing process. The song is adapted to a defiance of the current climate.

Seems okay to me.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Well, the actual line in the Lewes version is 'friends'. Mainly to include everyone in the singing process. The song is adapted to a defiance of the current climate.

Seems okay to me.

tumblr_4a1fff6bac029d66e05c935bad96c538_5b966af2_500.gif

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
All happened here in South Street, Lewes a few minutes ago. A rook scarer went off at 9pm and one of the neighbours beamed scenes of sussex onto a white house across the road and people came from surrounding streets and we all sung GOSBTS. Singing was a bit insipid though, could have done with some of the North Stand chaps to inject a bit of passion.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
All happened here in South Street, Lewes a few minutes ago. A rook scarer went off at 9pm and one of the neighbours beamed scenes of sussex onto a white house across the road and people came from surrounding streets and we all sung GOSBTS. Singing was a bit insipid though, could have done with some of the North Stand chaps to speed it up .

Slight edit at the end......
Sorry :D

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Seems okay to me.

I'm sure the Lewes version is -
Good old down from London by the sea. :whistle:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here