Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music Streaming Services...Which one do you use?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Having done a lot of review reading of the various music streaming services lately, and the various offers currently out there, I'm now giving Deezer Hifi a free trial. Very happy with it so far, but curiosity might get me to try another free trial of some of the other ones to compare and then decide which one to stay with from there.

If you use a music streaming service. Which one do you use, and why?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Spotify Premium with family access because it links well with my Sonos One but my son can also stream on his phone.

Also stream Mixcloud and Soundcloud on the Sonos.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Mainly Youtube and just a little Amazon Music. Not a fan of streaming as nothing visual and nothing tactile.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I was on the closed beta for Spotify. The CEO of the company I was working for at the time was an advisor for them so got me on it. It was quite frankly a massive game changer then so I've had a bit of brand loyalty since. Sadly I have to pay now but well worth the tenner a month in my opinion.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Spotify, had it for a number of years. Brilliant service.

The same. I got suckered in with free Spotify Premium for a year when I signed up to a mobile contract in 2015. I've been paying for it since the free period expired and it's really worth the money. There's very few days when I don't use it.

The "Discover" feature is brilliant. It recommends music based on my previous listening and even compiles playlists for me. It nearly always comes up with music I like, which I then add to my library.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Mainly Youtube and just a little Amazon Music. Not a fan of streaming as nothing visual and nothing tactile.

I get that, and is why I was a long time coming to fully join the party. I still play vinyl, cd's, cassettes and listen to FM radio.

However, Qobuz in particular has a very nice layout with credit notes and good write ups akin to album liner notes or reviews, judging by the little play around I've had with it.

The other advantage of a streaming service is it's almost like having a whole record shop in your house, with a massive music library at your fingertips. Even getting pretty obscure, it's not too often I can't find what I'm after.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Amazon HD while I'm working from home.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I used to have the student Spotify on my Squeezebox Touch and loved it - but they then stopped compatibility.

Nowadays I use Tidal because you can get 3 months for £2.50 on ebay and can easily copy over playlists without hassle.

Also tried Deezer and enjoyed the access to 6music's playlist.

Another vote for Spotify. Have used it for ages and at the equivalent cost of a CD each month. I WFH so it gets a lot of use and the "Discover" feature has encouraged me to listen to lots of random artists that I otherwise would have not come accross.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Spotify - for free.

Listen to pretty much any tune or album I want to, with a couple of adverts every 4 or 5 tracks, or even get 30 minutes of songs without adverts sometimes. Seems a good deal to me.

Plus I’ve made a couple of great playlists, so I hardly ever have to skip tracks, not that there seems to be any limit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here