Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The new currency - jigsaws

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Step aside toilet rolls - jigsaws are the new game in town. Just had a poke around the net and nearly everywhere is sold out. Used puzzles are selling for £15+ on eBay. I have been doing a couple of Wasjigs as my girlfriend collected a few so thought I would see what they were going for. Turns out there is an Only Fools and Horses one. And it is nearly 40% off. Bargain!

jigsaw.png

I get the feeling charity shops will be drowning in them when the lockdown is lifted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are down to our last two so using them frugally, on a positive note in a few months the Charity Shops will be loaded with these at £3 a go

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Assume this price is vastly inflated? What do they normally retail for?

Is Wasjig just a brand name or do these ones do anything special?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Assume this price is vastly inflated? What do they normally retail for?

Is Wasjig just a brand name or do these ones do anything special?

Brand name, normal retail around £15

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Found this ****** in the attic from original house owner. No picture guide and little colour variance. I stubborned it out but don’t know why.
9 pieces missing too. I’ve put it back up there for someone in 50 years time.
08F13C00-D920-49E2-A65E-345B9CEB9FEC.jpeg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Brand name, normal retail around £15

Currently 2 for £15 at Argos. Of course they have no stock but still.

Quite enjoy the Wasjigs as the picture is just related to the box, not actually the picture on the box. We have loads of sealed Xmas ones in the loft but I am not allowed to open them. Makes me feel better about my computer collection when she does stuff like that. Next up is a set of mystery ones starting with an Egyptian themed one. Not sure what make they were but they were charity shop purchases and opened so I am allowed to use them! :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There's this puzzle I fancied doing, only problem is the original is from 1965 and a highly sort after collector's item. If you can find one they generally sell (boxed) for about £250.

Anyway, I got a decent photo of the finished puzzle and 'fixed' it in photoshop. Once I had my finished image I uploaded it to an online puzzle maker! Done!

Before:
before.jpg

After:
After.jpg

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Just finished my third 1000 piecer of the lockdown. Thinking of using street What’s App group to see if there is swap market out there - I mean what do you do with a used jigsaw - wait for the next lockdown?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just finished my third 1000 piecer of the lockdown. Thinking of using street What’s App group to see if there is swap market out there - I mean what do you do with a used jigsaw - wait for the next lockdown?

Most end up in Charity Shops

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Took inspiration from the photo jigsaw post above and order this as a 1000 piece puzzle. This should keep me busy for a while.

3000.jpg

I fear I may be turning into a retired woman though as I have just bought a small diamond painting set, inspired by the wife of my boss. You basically stick coloured bits of plastic onto a picture in a painting by numbers style.Keeping busy and doing things like this for small periods to add variety but given the leaked news suggests that I will be furloughed until the autumn, presumably on a reduced rate from July onwards, I need to mix it up. Hopefully I don't get to the cross stitch/knitting stage!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here