Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] That proper holiday ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No not the one that’s been cancelled we have all that or are going to. This is is about the wake up call that we are having of late - and trust me I’ve had a few of them recently - and how maybe you are ready to tick something off your bucket list.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Mrs Jakarta and I have decided that when lockdown finishes we will do Japan. Doing an Antarctic Cruise a few years ago was her No.1 and that's now done.

If the Donald ever lets anyone back into the USA I quite fancy doing a West Coast Driving Holiday on route 101...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mrs Jakarta and I have decided that when lockdown finishes we will do Japan. Doing an Antarctic Cruise a few years ago was her No.1 and that's now done.

If the Donald ever lets anyone back into the USA I quite fancy doing a West Coast Driving Holiday on route 101...

Good man Jakarta.... and make it priority over just ‘living’

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Vegas Baby, then off down to Meh-Hi-Ho for a week after that. That's what we've all agreed.

Aside from that, I'd like to go to Dubai again.

I am, what you would call, a 'plastic' when it comes to holiday destinations... ???

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Would love to try GPotts favourite stomping ground, Palma Nova in Mallorca.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mrs Jakarta and I have decided that when lockdown finishes we will do Japan.

Went to Japan 2 years ago, and had a great time.

While not everybody's idea of fun, we had a really fascinating time in Hiroshima and were treated to some great singing from Japanese school children who were waiting for their coach to pick them up.
Easy to get around Tokyo on the underground, the trains really do run on time all the time.
Shrines and gardens are also wonderful.

You will have a great time

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

While not everybody's idea of fun, we had a really fascinating time in Hiroshima and were treated to some great singing from Japanese school children who were waiting for their coach to pick them up.
Easy to get around Tokyo on the underground, the trains really do run on time all the time.

I went to Hiroshima’s Memorial Park ... Very moving but to be honest the rides were shit.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Having been stuck on the other side of the planet when lockdown started, it will be a while before we stray beyond these shores again. That said, there's plenty of the UK I do want to see, and now it should be easier to convince my wife.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018

This. I loved Tokyo.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We are booked on to our favourite campsite on the West Coast of Scotland for a few days in Mid June, and would be working out a few other bits and pieces to do around that - but assuming it wont happen now!!!

We would be quite happy just to rebook it when we can.

But other places we would like to go would be bits of France and Italy that we already know, a trip back to Morocco (where we went for the first time in January), Cuba, Machu Picchu, Greece, Croatia among others...…..

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'd just about put aside sufficient money to freight my motorbike out to New Zealand for a 6-8 week trip. Being self-employed that's taken a bit of a kicking but hopefully that'll be what I end up doing later.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Have done the trip up the west coast. Also did Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Bryce Canyon. I did it by coach which I know isnt for everyone but the distances are massive for one driver to take on.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
New Zealand to visit my daughter

New Zealand was a wonderful place to visit and the natives are very friendly!

Just give yourself enough time to explore the place, as we have relatives in Australia we went to see them for a few days as well and only did 10 days in NZ (5 North Island and 5 South) It was nowhere near enough.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Have done the trip up the west coast. Also did Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Bryce Canyon. I did it by coach which I know isnt for everyone but the distances are massive for one driver to take on.

Yes but I like driving in the States as once you are out of town the roads are empty. Drove from Boston up to the Canadian Border a few years back. Found out about how Americans love to give you customer service. Had hired a Mercedes C240 (we both drive Mercs in the UK - sorry if if that makes me a Tory) and they didn't have one so handed me the keys to a C350 instead. Loveliest car I have ever driven, when I got home I saw the eye watering cost of one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here