Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Refereeing Decisions Remain The Same?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
When football does eventually restart, will the jostling and manhandling during the game be penalised more or will it remain unaffected?
And will FIFA need to change the laws or should officials just enforce the existing laws more strictly?

I'm sure the marking at corners will be a lazy pundits dream.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Perhaps the 5 subs thing will happen and some additional water break since players are unlikely to be as fit as they normally are, but any other rule change than that would be a dumb perversion of the sport. You cant disallow players marking players... not even FIFA/PL would be that dumb. I cant even imagine what it would look like.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A few years ago this may have had a affect but FIFA and the FA have already gone a long way down the road of making the game less physical contact sadly.

But to answer the question, no I don't see it changing any rules, how can it?

They could however do away with the officials and just let VAR do it all... :wanker:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No a Joey Barton stamp would still go unpunished!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
When football does eventually restart, will the jostling and manhandling during the game be penalised more or will it remain unaffected?
And will FIFA need to change the laws or should officials just enforce the existing laws more strictly?

I'm sure the marking at corners will be a lazy pundits dream.

Won't they have to be 2 metres apart?

In fairness, if the season does resume, it will have to be under the same rules as the season started.
I would really love to see the pushing and shoving stopped plus shirt pulling and feigning injury but not likely to happen.
In my dreams, I would love to see any footballer going down clutching his/her face as if punched or elbowed but a replay shows no contact be given a red card or a ban if seen afterwards. (Like citing in Rugby)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Perhaps the 5 subs thing will happen and some additional water break since players are unlikely to be as fit as they normally are, but any other rule change than that would be a dumb perversion of the sport. You cant disallow players marking players... not even FIFA/PL would be that dumb. I cant even imagine what it would look like.

5 sub thing should be kicked out straight away, talk about giving the top sides an advantage

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's like WWF at corners most of the time, all the pushing each other off and clotheslining, especially when you see the defender not watching the ball but just watching his man. Nothing will change as there would be a penalty virtually every corner if the rules were enforced.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I'm sure this point has been made, but matches played behind closed doors should see fewer "homer" decisions made by officials.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sure this point has been made, but matches played behind closed doors should see fewer "homer" decisions made by officials.

So it will just be the usual teams that surround the ref at every opportunity that will get the decisions. That's the top six sorted then.

Meanwhile the very nice club from the south accept all the decisions. We are pussies.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
5 sub thing should be kicked out straight away, talk about giving the top sides an advantage

Dont know about that. Even "bad" teams these days have very good players on the bench, and since a lot of the top teams will have a lot of possession, the other teams are doing a lot more chasing and get tired by the end of games. 5 subs could help with that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dont know about that. Even "bad" teams these days have very good players on the bench, and since a lot of the top teams will have a lot of possession, the other teams are doing a lot more chasing and get tired by the end of games. 5 subs could help with that.

Disagree 100%. Top teams will have players on the bench that would walk into most teams in Europe, we can't compete if they just change half their team for another super team.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
So it will just be the usual teams that surround the ref at every opportunity that will get the decisions. That's the top six sorted then.

Meanwhile the very nice club from the south accept all the decisions. We are pussies.

I’ve been saying the same for over a year now, we are way too nice on the pitch, no one is trying to put pressure on the ref or gain any advantage, we come up against teams week in and out who do this continuously and we just take it, annoys the feck out of me.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Now you really won't be able to breathe on Tumble or Grealish.

Fun fact. Predictive text changed that to Tumblr and Freakish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here