Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Colindale KFC.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I've been driving to work during this Covid thingy, I've noticed more and more people queuing for fast food.
A pie and mash shop in Ruislip Gardens and Papa Johns in Ruislip high street has attracted all the resident pie testers out in force.

WHAT'S THE FVCKING POINT!

Gluttony, to get this body shape, dressed in under-sized leggings and topped with a scary Croydon Facelift.

A5B65CF1-46F0-4472-A989-C166A6498231.png

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That was certainly my rational for bringing it to the mass ranks here.

As a lover of KFC, it certainly wasn't food snobbery.

More so knowing the fact that post lockdown this clean air, birdsong, safe road, Utopia will be forgotten in the blink of an eye.

A fact there for all to see on the A2 outside a KFC.

The replies to the Tweet you have posted are well worth a read, most people are saying "WTF?" or similar.
One person makes a good point, are the queuing cars in a bus lane or cycle lane? Another mentioned are all the engines running?

I did like the reply saying, imagine joining the queue thinking it's for B&Q :lolol:

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Constant cooking and cleaning? I don't understand.

How much washing up does three meals a day for 4 people create?

I'm CONSTANTLY washing up. I've never known anything like it!! Washing up & washing my hands is all I seem to do, I can't go back to work as I've still too much to finish off! & there's only two of us :ohmy::mad:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
More so knowing the fact that post lockdown this clean air, birdsong, safe road, Utopia will be forgotten in the blink of an eye.

I imagine a lot of people are enjoying these things while they are forced upon them but a far smaller number will be willing to change their behaviour post-lockdown.

Perhaps the idea of car-free city centres on a Sunday won't be met with apoplexy or is that just wishful thinking?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't there something similar down here as the lockdown was starting, possibly portslade or shoreham mcdonald's where the queue for the drive through was so long a road was closed and buses had to be diverted? Not saying it justifies or explains people queuing for over an hour for 'fast food', but when it happens in our own backyard, don't we have to be a little careful about looking down on other areas (or at least look down on those that queued in our town, too!)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wasn't there something similar down here as the lockdown was starting, possibly portslade or shoreham mcdonald's where the queue for the drive through was so long a road was closed and buses had to be diverted? Not saying it justifies or explains people queuing for over an hour for 'fast food', but when it happens in our own backyard, don't we have to be a little careful about looking down on other areas (or at least look down on those that queued in our town, too!)

This was mentioned at the time, Newhaven and Brighton Marina also had long queues, but we didn't have lockdown then.

Not sure how true this is, but I read comments on Twitter that McDonalds were giving away free food to NHS staff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I imagine a lot of people are enjoying these things while they are forced upon them but a far smaller number will be willing to change their behaviour post-lockdown.

Perhaps the idea of car-free city centres on a Sunday won't be met with apoplexy or is that just wishful thinking?

Smart countries/councils will be adding that sort of measure in with their slow relaxation of lock down rules.
(Brighton will be planning to build more roads).

Sadly I'm sure the 'it'll never work here' brigade will be back out in force very soon after lock down, even though they've probably really enjoyed not being sat stationary in their cars, for the bulk of the last 2 months.

Remember they are always "sat in traffic".
Despite the fact that they are "traffic".

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] Have you seen the latest Tweet from Lad Bible?
More of the same thing :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] Have you seen the latest Tweet from Lad Bible?
More of the same thing :rolleyes:

I have now:-

[tweet]1258373516409188352[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's an American version with a 45 minute queue to drive through a Starbucks.

Someone made a brilliant comment:-

'How many of those drivers can't possibly wait 30 seconds to pass a cyclist safely?'

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There's an American version with a 45 minute queue to drive through a Starbucks.

Someone made a brilliant comment:-

'How many of those drivers can't possibly wait 30 seconds to pass a cyclist safely?'

Did you see the Tweet about queuing for the rubbish tip in Birmingham? ( fire away with the jokes ) :D

Some people queuing from 3AM, someone else waiting from 9AM got in to the tip at 2PM and someone in their car with young children for several hours.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/mcdonalds-drive-thru-social-distancing-george-eustice-a4435996.html

Hopefully we can now stop demonising and shaming people for how they choose to spend their time.

I think all the time I'm seeing videos of people in cars blocking roundabouts, carriageways and junctions just to queue up for a takeaway or to visit the tip, I'm afraid people will comment.

I have no issues with people buying takeaway food, but a road being blocked is not really acceptable.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I think all the time I'm seeing videos of people in cars blocking roundabouts, carriageways and junctions just to queue up for a takeaway or to visit the tip, I'm afraid people will comment.

I have no issues with people buying takeaway food, but a road being blocked is not really acceptable.

I assume a lot of this is people desperate for a break from home cooking. Also, I can see how sitting in a car for hours seems like a welcome change after you've been stuck at home for 7 weeks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I assume a lot of this is people desperate for a break from home cooking. Also, I can see how sitting in a car for hours seems like a welcome change after you've been stuck at home for 7 weeks.

Really? :shrug:
That conversation has already been done on this thread. BTW

Personally I hate sitting in a traffic jam, and other takeaways are available without queues, I would rather sit at home with my feet up than sit in a massive queue for hours, not that I would go to KFC as I don't eat chicken.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really? :shrug:
That conversation has already been done on this thread. BTW

Personally I hate sitting in a traffic jam, and other takeaways are available without queues, I would rather sit at home with my feet up than sit in a massive queue for hours, not that I would go to KFC as I don't eat chicken.

Having waited 2 months I'd rather wait a further couple of days, drive straight too and thru getting a Zinger meal on the way.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Having waited 2 months I'd rather wait a further couple of days, drive straight too and thru getting a Zinger meal on the way.

No, you're quite right. I'm off out on my bike tomorrow, I WILL find a queue of cars and I WILL film said queue whilst saying how stupid everybody else is. That'll be useful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here