Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contact Tracing App

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Millions of people in the UK will soon be asked to track their movements to limit the spread of coronavirus.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock has announced that the trial of a "test, track and trace" programme will start on the Isle of Wight on Tuesday. All residents will be asked to download an app.If it's successful, the programme will be rolled out to the rest of the UK.

What do think of this idea? Will it work, in your opinion? Importantly, will you download it?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I was told off on the other thread for expressing reservations, so I will simply say 2 things.

1) I don't trust Johnson and Cummings at all.

2) The producers of the "NHS" app are directly linked to the Vote Leave campaign.

I don't want Cummings' cronys to have any access to my data, so unless things change I won't be downloading the app.

If the app had been produced openly, sandbox tested by trustworthy experts, and by a Cummings independent group then I would use it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I was told off on the other thread for expressing reservations, so I will simply say 2 things.

2) The producers of the "NHS" app are directly linked to the Vote Leave campaign.

I don't want Cummings' cronys to have any access to my data, so unless things change I won't be downloading the app.

That's the spirit :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Let's let Brexit get in the way of saving our country from a damaging second wave then shall we? I didn't much care for Corbyn but in this situation you bet your life I would use an NHS app to help me, my family and everyone else no matter how they voted.

:ffsparr:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Let's let Brexit get in the way of saving our country from a damaging second wave then shall we? I didn't much care for Corbyn but in this situation you bet your life I would use an NHS app to help me, my family and everyone else no matter how they voted.

:ffsparr:
Lifting lockdown too early will provoke a 2nd wave, not refusing to give Cummings our data.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

If the app had been produced openly, sandbox tested by trustworthy experts, and by a Cummings independent group then I would use it.

I bet you’ve been hiding most of your life right, very weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As I understand it... you will only share any of your data if you develop symptoms and chose to report it through the app and/or book a test through the app.

Seems like you are taking no risk at all with your data, unless you get ill... and then it will be a small price to pay.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'll download it and use it for sure. Anything to help get us back to normal ASAP.

What concerns me is that there is nothing to prevent some complete tool pretending they are infected (self diagnosing) and then the app starts telling people who may have come into contact with said tool to self isolate when there is no need.

I guess the only way to overcome this would be by testing rather than self diagnosis? Is that part of the plan?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll download it and use it for sure. Anything to help get us back to normal ASAP.

What concerns me is that there is nothing to prevent some complete tool pretending they are infected (self diagnosing) and then the app starts telling people who may have come into contact with said tool to self isolate when there is no need.

I guess the only way to overcome this would be by testing rather than self diagnosis? Is that part of the plan?

I had - perhaps wrongly - assumed that to confirm on the app that you had tested positive, you would need some proof of a positive test - perhaps a code or something that you are given at the time of the positive test?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To answer the initial question, of course. I want this thing over with as soon as possible, this will only help in that regard.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Will definitely download. Alongside other measures it could be an effective tool against the virus. No single thing will get us through this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here