Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contact Tracing App

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Test and trace is a bloody farce. I've had four separate emails with different account numbers for one positive test. And so many phone calls asking for the same information. Bloody nightmare!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I've had an alert on my phone saying I've been near someone that's tested positive, but not to do anything for now.

Anyone else had similar?

Yes. I got a similar alert yesterday, one like this:

https://faq.covid19.nhs.uk/article/KA-01325

Seems it's like a near miss and I wasn't close enough for long enough (at least based on the NHS app criteria).

Also the main app isn't telling me to self isolate, which it would if I should, so I'm not at the moment...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've been told by the app this evening to isolate for 7 days. As the isolation from contact is now 10 days I assume contact must have been on 24th.

Apart from a one hour solo run I didn't leave the house.

Jun 20, 2020
I've been told by the app this evening to isolate for 7 days. As the isolation from contact is now 10 days I assume contact must have been on 24th.

Apart from a one hour solo run I didn't leave the house.

Go to the app and click on ‘about this app’ and then find the ‘manage my data’ option. It will tell you the exact date of contact.

Similar happened to on Boxing Day. My date of contact was the 20th December. The only place I went that day was the Amex!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Go to the app and click on ‘about this app’ and then find the ‘manage my data’ option. It will tell you the exact date of contact.

Similar happened to on Boxing Day. My date of contact was the 20th December. The only place I went that day was the Amex!

Cheers.

Encounter date was 23rd, so my weekly shopping trip. Visited 4 shops, 3 of them for less than 5 minutes.

So, Tesco, in a mask, no way was I walking around with the same person for 15 minutes!

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

Same for me. Last day of isolation today.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Has anyone noticed an increase in ‘Possible Covid-19 exposure’ notifications from the app recently? I had a few of these at the beginning, but I’m now seeing 2 or 3 most days now.

At no point have any of them led to a self-isolation notice, but am I to assume that I’ve just been near to quite a lot of people who have gone on to test positive, but ultimately not long enough or close enough to warrant isolating?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Has anyone noticed an increase in ‘Possible Covid-19 exposure’ notifications from the app recently? I had a few of these at the beginning, but I’m now seeing 2 or 3 most days now.

At no point have any of them led to a self-isolation notice, but am I to assume that I’ve just been near to quite a lot of people who have gone on to test positive, but ultimately not long enough or close enough to warrant isolating?

You must go out a lot! I have only been to one place where I have had to scan a barcode (the Amex) since the app was launched.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
You must go out a lot! I have only been to one place where I have had to scan a barcode (the Amex) since the app was launched.

I haven’t been to anywhere like that, mainly just shops and the like. I’ve been in tier 3 since the November lockdown ended, so there’s not been much opportunity to do anything vaguely sociable.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just got a ping on the app, so I’m isolating now with Mrs LLF for 10 days.

I was more or less anyway, only down the local corner shop, if it’s not busy once every couple of days.

My next door neighbour had tested positive, and we think the app has pinged us cos of her. We haven’t seen her to talk to for about 3 weeks.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got a ping on the app, so I’m isolating now with Mrs LLF for 10 days.

I was more or less anyway, only down the local corner shop, if it’s not busy once every couple of days.

My next door neighbour had tested positive, and we think the app has pinged us cos of her. We haven’t seen her to talk to for about 3 weeks.

I got pinged and told to self isolate for 4 days about 3 weeks ago, I'm sure i had not been that close to anyone who had tested positive... talk that if you are in a small house you can be within bluetooth range of someone who has tested positive as it disregards walls.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I got pinged and told to self isolate for 4 days about 3 weeks ago, I'm sure i had not been that close to anyone who had tested positive... talk that if you are in a small house you can be within bluetooth range of someone who has tested positive as it disregards walls.

We live in a smallish semi, so, that is probably it.

Staying in my Jim jams now, for 10 days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We live in a smallish semi, so, that is probably it.

Staying in my Jim jams now, for 10 days.

I'm in a smallish mid-terrace, I know I wasn't mixing where i shouldn't..... well, take care, I'm sure the breakfast's will be fantastic ! :thumbsup:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Friend of mine got a ping a few weeks back. She's been shielding since last March. I've been doing her online shopping remotely. She hadn't left her flat at all. Was Panic stricken as believed it must be transmissible from delivery people through walls

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm a little surprised that this thread hasn't been contributed to for six months, especially given the most recent posts on it, but I'll share my recent experience.

I was pinged for the first time on Sunday morning, about 02:30, while on the last train into Brighton, returning from Berlin via Stansted. There is zero possiblity that I'd been in contact with someone in the UK that had tested positive in the four hours I was in the UK. This is because positive tests take at least a day to be confirmed. When in Berlin, I was with a few people from the UK but none of those have tested positive (or been pinged).
This seems to leave two options as to why I've been pinged:
1, I was in contact with a non-UK national in Berlin that tested positive -- this would indicate that the NHS Covid app has access to the details of non-UK nationals
2, the app behaves in a random way -- not good, as public trust in it is paramount (and that's without flagging up its colossal expense, which will have made a significant contribution to the NI hike)

Anyone want to propose further options, or can comment on those posed and/or your experience of this?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here