Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salomon Kalou's brilliant wallraffing threatens Bundesliga restart

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bundesliga was intended to restart this month but some players (including Kalou) have been critical of this.

Today Salomon Kalou - "accidently" - livestreamed from the Hertha dressing room & the doctor testing the players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSGU7Iy1Slw

The video shows that Hertha is breaking all kinds of rules implemented by DFL (the German FA) in order to restart; the players are shaking hands, Kalou shakes the hand of the physio, the doctor testing a player allows Kalou to get pretty close and is not wearing a professional mask or gloves or anything really except for a normal mouthpiece. Also shown in the video is that Ibisevic had got too little pay with the club giving him a higher paycut than was agreed.

The club has suspended him and he did apologize, but a lot of people believe it was intentional (so do I). The Bundesliga restart is now definitely in jeopardy.

Brilliant from Kalou, people are mad as **** with him but he is just showing that both the club and the DFL plan is shit and he is protecting his teammates and opponents by doing this.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yeah good for him. The whole thing like the PL is based upon money and not players and staff safety.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bundesliga was intended to restart this month but some players (including Kalou) have been critical of this.

Today Salomon Kalou - "accidently" - livestreamed from the Hertha dressing room & the doctor testing the players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSGU7Iy1Slw

The video shows that Hertha is breaking all kinds of rules implemented by DFL (the German FA) in order to restart; the players are shaking hands, Kalou shakes the hand of the physio, the doctor testing a player allows Kalou to get pretty close and is not wearing a professional mask or gloves or anything really except for a normal mouthpiece. Also shown in the video is that Ibisevic had got too little pay with the club giving him a higher paycut than was agreed.

The club has suspended him and he did apologize, but a lot of people believe it was intentional (so do I). The Bundesliga restart is now definitely in jeopardy.

Brilliant from Kalou, people are mad as **** with him but he is just showing that both the club and the DFL plan is shit and he is protecting his teammates and opponents by doing this.

Great thread/post. Top work [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and Sal-Kal

The Germans have gone too soon - again! You'd need a heart of stone to not laugh (an expression that [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] shared many years ago, and something that always puts a smile on my face. Ironically it was in relation to a young Swansea supporter:lolol:).

I may have mentioned it once but I think I got away with it. The war, I mean. :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah good for him. The whole thing like the PL is based upon money and not players and staff safety.

Did you listen to PB’s interview a couple of hours ago.

He candidly said “yes, it is about the money, as it with any business sector. 100,000 jobs rely on the PL, the Albion’s presence in this city brings in £200m”. Without that broadcasting money, many people are going to lose their jobs and goodness what else.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I'm not sure what more the EPL can do for your thoughts other than say they would not start again until it is deemed safe to do so.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

He candidly said “yes, it is about the money, as it with any business sector. 100,000 jobs rely on the PL, the Albion’s presence in this city brings in £200m”. Without that broadcasting money, many people are going to lose their jobs and goodness what else.

Ye I listened to that on five live....and your post its nail on head..whether people like it or not

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ye I listened to that on five live....and your post its nail on head..whether people like it or not

I really enjoyed the long PB interview, a interesting and honest guy, helped by having the cerebral Chapman and Rory Smith in virtual presence. Sutton rose to the occasion and contributed sensibly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not sure what more the EPL can do for your thoughts other than say they would not start again until it is deemed safe to do so.

All comes down to what is deemed as ‘safe’....same arguments that are going through many industries right now as May looks as if its the month for planning re people to return to work in June etc...Football is no different

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I really enjoyed the long PB interview, a interesting and honest guy, helped by having the cerebral Chapman and Rory Smith in virtual presence. Sutton rose to the occasion and contributed sensibly.

Whole debate was one of the most interesting Ive listened to re this subject ..continuing to listen to R5 now...covering mental health again very interesting

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whole debate was one of the most interesting Ive listened to re this subject ..continuing to listen to R5 now...covering mental health again very interesting

I didn’t realise they were going to cover that, so I switched off at 8 when Chapman said bye to everyone. I find that topic interesting too, I’ll have to catch up in the week.

5lives evenings on Mondays and Fridays during the football season are classy affairs.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yeah, I wondered if it was a Duffy-style intentional suspension. Kalou's already said he doesn't want to play.

Could be a more selfish thing if they can't dock his pay while he's suspended, though. Cos if Bundesliga clubs really are at risk of going bankrupt, that might not be too useful for the likes of the Hertha squad.

Hopefully someone's gonna do a documentary about BSC's season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn’t realise they were going to cover that, so I switched off at 8 when Chapman said bye to everyone. I find that topic interesting too, I’ll have to catch up in the week.

5lives evenings on Mondays and Fridays during the football season are classy affairs.

From 8 they had Chapman reffing Tuffers and Vaughan ...from nine it’s been Colin Murray....and they’ve had a discussion up until now re mental health with some people in that field...repeated one telling phrase from the weekend ..physical health we are proactive mental health we are reactive ...interesting discussion no magic answers...but important to point the torch light at this area.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There will always be some against any restart.
To appease them all will mean no football for a very very long time.

Yes, but to appease some of them would mean no football would be played in May 2020.

Just three days ago three Köln players tested positive. To me thats a sign meaning "lets chill the feck out for a bit".

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, but to appease some of them would mean no football would be played in May 2020.

Just three days ago three Köln players tested positive. To me thats a sign meaning "lets chill the feck out for a bit".

Perhaps they should take up your idea and play in a local park :whistle:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Argus reporting 10 people associated with the top two divisions in Germany have tested positive

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Good to hear the honesty from Paul Barber then. It's time they stopped pretending that playing a bunch of matches with no fans and in a strange atmosphere in some way will give the whole country the most enormous fillip since we sent the Nazis packing then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here