Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He deserves his own thread. Listening to him on R5 now, we are a very fortunate club to have him as chief executive. :bowdown:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yes but what about the bottle tops, flasks...........

However, generally gets things right and always responds to emails almost before you've hit the send button.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
barber.png

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He is a very impressive bloke.

Hate to say it, but I can see him leaving us for a bigger job soon.

Yeah, was thinking the same. He'd be top of a lot of clubs' targets if they were looking for a new CEO.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
He is a very impressive bloke.

Hate to say it, but I can see him leaving us for a bigger job soon.

Why do you think that may be the case? He was at Tottenham a couple of jobs prior to coming here. I imagine having a chairman like our Tony would be a joy for Barber, you're led to believe he has Tonys' full backing and support unless I'm missing something. Where would he go to get that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why do you think that may be the case? He was at Tottenham a couple of jobs prior to coming ??????here. I imagine having a chairman like our Tony would be a joy for Barber, you're led to believe he has Tonys' full backing and support unless I'm missing something. Where would he go to get that?

That was my thought. Then, probably like [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] I though 'but we are only Brighton'. Then I gave my head a wobble. I'm feeling very good about my club right now. ???:rolleyes::cheers:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why do you think that may be the case? He was at Tottenham a couple of jobs prior to coming here. I imagine having a chairman like our Tony would be a joy for Barber, you're led to believe he has Tonys' full backing and support unless I'm missing something. Where would he go to get that?

This. He wouldn’t have quite the same profile at a bigger club, nor the same power I doubt. He’s also Dep Chairman here. Tony clearly (and rightly) rates him very highly. They make a great team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Because it's been the case for about 5 years now. :lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This. He wouldn’t have quite the same profile at a bigger club, nor the same power I doubt. He’s also Dep Chairman here. Tony clearly (and rightly) rates him very highly. They make a great team.

Yes. Don’t under estimate the significance of Bloom making him Deputy Chairman. Someone was probably after him at that point but big slice of responsibility and officially Bloom right hand man.

Chose him over close friends / business associates of Bloom

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think he likes the autonomy he gets with us. Seems a good bloke with generally good ideas. I do wonder as CEO of the PL would be something he would have less control over and less chance to implement the sort of change it needs. He’d be good for it but he’d end up tearing his hair out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here