Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] U.S. Investor Plans Premier League Club Takeover To ‘Recreate City Football Group’

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting piece on the relative "bargains" to be had, both in terms of clubs and players due to the current pandemic and the uncertainty it has created...

American investor Joseph DaGrosa and business partner Hugo Varela have revealed ambitious plans to create a global group of soccer clubs and academies, starting with an English Premier League team.

With the coronavirus pandemic hitting the finances of all soccer clubs, DaGrosa sees an opportunity to snap up teams at a discount of between 50%-70%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...to-recreate-city-football-group/#6d4972d67b1a

It might be interesting to see if Tony Bloom further expands his small empire of football clubs if it's a buyers' marketplace.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I did think something along these lines the other day. If you can afford it, this is a golden opportunity to build a stellar team quickly and cheaper than would have been possible for many a year. Of course having the money to hand is the trick....

If Tone could just find a cheeky £150m or so down the back of his sofa, this time next season we could be Champions League.... :lolol:

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I was surprised one of the Prem clubs didn't go in for Bury or Bolton last year. They send enough players out on loan so why not use one of these teams with their own coaches to develop players that way.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be happy if Chelsea pickup up Brighton 11 years ago and had us as their little side car but it's got to be better than going out of business.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I did think something along these lines the other day. If you can afford it, this is a golden opportunity to build a stellar team quickly and cheaper than would have been possible for many a year. Of course having the money to hand is the trick....

If Tone could just find a cheeky £150m or so down the back of his sofa, this time next season we could be Champions League.... :lolol:

Let's find out which league we're going to be in 'next' season first.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I wonder if Donald Trump could be persuaded to buy the US based team, the Red Neck Yahoo Inbreds, the Russian Siberian Miners Eleven and complete a treble of mistakes buying Croydons finest caravan club :shrug:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I wonder if Donald Trump could be persuaded to buy the US based team, the Red Neck Yahoo Inbreds, the Russian Siberian Miners Eleven and complete a treble of mistakes buying Croydons finest caravan club :shrug:

The Siberian Miners probably 'go down' less often than Wilfy HaHa, so they could certainly teach him something... ???

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was surprised one of the Prem clubs didn't go in for Bury or Bolton last year. They send enough players out on loan so why not use one of these teams with their own coaches to develop players that way.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be happy if Chelsea pickup up Brighton 11 years ago and had us as their little side car but it's got to be better than going out of business.

Personally, I'd rather support an independent phoenix-type Brighton and Hove Albion playing in the Southern Combination Football League than a Chelsea-owned Brighton and Hove Albion playing at any level, but each to their own.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Probably because they aren't allowed to. Apparently you can behead people who oppose your regime, chop the hands off the poor who steals a loaf to feed his family and own a football team, but not this.

el punal

You can bet your bottom dollar that the Red Neck Yahoo Inbreds, supported by the Orange Blob, will definitely be on the attack, shooting at every opportunity from all angles. Oh, wait, are we talking about a football team here . . . . ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally, I'd rather support an independent phoenix-type Brighton and Hove Albion playing in the Southern Combination Football League than a Chelsea-owned Brighton and Hove Albion playing at any level, but each to their own.

This.

The thing about a sense of entitlement is it's just a sense. And of infinitely greater prevalence yet infinitely less value than common sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here