Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I'm so bored

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
First time I have even looked on here in like forever. I've had shingles and am 11 weeks into isolation. I'm home loving so I can live with it for so long. I even have WFH I can do. I still have shingles. My boredom is probably of my making. How are you getting over boredom?

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just back from my first 30 minutes walk/jog, I knew I was unfit but this has just reinforced what I already knew but have put off doing anything about it. It has certainly relieved the boredom.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I’m still managing to go into work but everyday feels like a Sunday , I decided from March 29th to run 5k a day till end of April , I managed 30 until my knee hurt and missed the last two days of the month so have decided to cycle 10k a day now .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First time I have even looked on here in like forever. I've had shingles and am 11 weeks into isolation. I'm home loving so I can live with it for so long. I even have WFH I can do. I still have shingles. My boredom is probably of my making. How are you getting over boredom?

That's rubbish, shingles can be really nasty. Get well soon...

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Exercise and music for one thing. Two hours on the exercise bike in the garage listening to loads of albums not played in years. Adrenalin increased, weight lost, and reunited myself with some classic music.

Cheap way to spend part of my day, together with doing lots of small jobs I've put off for years such as sorting out the loft, garage, study, re-painting a couple of rooms and quite a bit of gardening which I've never been a big fan of, but in this weather it's actually quite therapeutic. Missing the cricket though.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Have you tried learning a new skill?? I am learning Spanish at the moment, there are some very good free, or hugely discounted courses on all manner of subjects if you look around.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
For the first month I just smoked weed non-stop as nothing is boring when you're high. Now that market is pretty dead so I've started doing more creative stuff. You have a special interest in something? Make a website about it, try to get as many visitors you can and perhaps monetize it (wont happen over night though). Its pretty fun to make websites about things you are excited about - the writing is nice, the research is nice, messing around with the design is nice (and easy nowadays) and marketing is nice. Any time you get an increase in visitors it also gives a great feeling of achievment.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The trouble is that everyday is the same. I've been thinking that it's Bank Holiday Monday all day, but Mrs Wz just explained it's moved to next week.

Oh goody, one more bank holiday left than I thought :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION], I hope you fully recover soon.

For me, I prevent boredom by gardening, WFH, bike rides with my son, and in the evenings working through iplayer/boxsets. Strolls to a nearby takeaway cafe, which is open, is something else we do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The trouble is that everyday is the same. I've been thinking that it's Bank Holiday Monday all day, but Mrs Wz just explained it's moved to next week.

Oh goody, one more bank holiday left than I thought :rolleyes:

A couple of Friday’s back, I genuinely thought it was a Thursday all day long, until in the evening my madness was pointed out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION], I hope you fully recover soon.

For me, I prevent boredom by gardening, WFH, bike rides with my son, and in the evenings working through iplayer/boxsets. Strolls to a nearby takeaway cafe, which is open, is something else we do.

That sounds like normal life.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Welcome to the world of us shift workers, weekends mean nothing, you never know what day of the week it is and you get pissed off with radio DJs on Friday afternoons with their “The weekend is here” banter.

:D

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
For the first month I just smoked weed non-stop as nothing is boring when you're high. Now that market is pretty dead so I've started doing more creative stuff. You have a special interest in something? Make a website about it, try to get as many visitors you can and perhaps monetize it (wont happen over night though). Its pretty fun to make websites about things you are excited about - the writing is nice, the research is nice, messing around with the design is nice (and easy nowadays) and marketing is nice. Any time you get an increase in visitors it also gives a great feeling of achievment.

That's kind of funny, I'm a web developer by trade.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be fair, and thanks for suggestions, genuinely. I wasn't looking for answers, just wondered how you're all doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here