Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket refunds/credit note

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
Does anybody have a clue what will happen to the money we have all paid and are paying out each month for our season tickets? If as is widely expected a fan ban for at least 1 year happens, what do we get back?
I miss the footy so much but have a limited income at the moment like so many and would never want to give my seat up.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Does anybody have a clue what will happen to the money we have all paid and are paying out each month for our season tickets? If as is widely expected a fan ban for at least 1 year happens, what do we get back?
I miss the footy so much but have a limited income at the moment like so many and would never want to give my seat up.

I take it you didn’t make use of the season ticket holiday period?

pal4life

Sep 6, 2008
No I haven’t as my thoughts where along the lines that it would be resolved in 3 months plus you still have to pay it so better to keep paying.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No I haven’t as my thoughts where along the lines that it would be resolved in 3 months plus you still have to pay it so better to keep paying.
I didn't take it either for the same reason. First of all they will lower the amounts collected for this season's games we haven't attended, I guess the decision re next season might come later?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Not if and when the season is cancelled. One will be partially offset against the other I would think. The refund on 5 home games is not too different from the saving on the payment holiday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well I guess if we pay up for a ST and see no live football for the duration of that ST then we'll probably get the next one free. Else there'll be a take-up rate approaching zero for the one after that :wave:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Club can't decide what to do until they know what's happening with fixtures..............no-one knows how long before games will have fans present. I'm more optimistic - may be initially reduced numbers for example (with some 'fair' way of allocating games determined) but we'll see.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Club can't decide what to do until they know what's happening with fixtures..............no-one knows how long before games will have fans present. I'm more optimistic - may be initially reduced numbers for example (with some 'fair' way of allocating games determined) but we'll see.

If that happens I hope there will also be the option of choosing not to go and instead getting a refund. I am now in a vulnerable group and do not want to risk my life by going to live events of any kind. Neither do I want to pay for a ticket I am not able to use nor lose the ticket because of the current situation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If that happens I hope there will also be the option of choosing not to go and instead getting a refund. I am now in a vulnerable group and do not want to risk my life by going to live events of any kind. Neither do I want to pay for a ticket I am not able to use nor lose the ticket because of the current situation.

Understood.......if there are limited tickets for games to start with, I imagine some form of the ticket exchange will be put to good use for anyone who can't take up an allocated spot to move their ticket on.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Another concern will be if most of next season is played behind closed doors, what do clubs do on future ticket prices. Do they go down the route of trying to recover losses by hiking prices and ditching the £30 away limit, or look to more affordable prices to encourage fans back and acknowledge that many fans will have suffered financially during the lockdown

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Understood.......if there are limited tickets for games to start with, I imagine some form of the ticket exchange will be put to good use for anyone who can't take up an allocated spot to move their ticket on.

You'd hope so...although I thought putting my ticket on the exchange for the Palace match would shift...that didn't end well

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This is a direct quote from the 'Claim your season ticket payment holiday' email:

In the event that it is confirmed before August that you will be unable to see the remainder of the 2019/20 matches at the Amex, you will be given a pro rata refund off the monthly season ticket payments for the 2020/21 season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Another concern will be if most of next season is played behind closed doors, what do clubs do on future ticket prices. Do they go down the route of trying to recover losses by hiking prices and ditching the £30 away limit, or look to more affordable prices to encourage fans back and acknowledge that many fans will have suffered financially during the lockdown

Away fans might be banned for a long time. Not good for the pandemic to have 75 Bmuff fans travelling to another town 100's miles away.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is a direct quote from the 'Claim your season ticket payment holiday' email:

In the event that it is confirmed before August that you will be unable to see the remainder of the 2019/20 matches at the Amex, you will be given a pro rata refund off the monthly season ticket payments for the 2020/21 season

All well and good however what happens if you have already paid for the 20/21 season ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All well and good however what happens if you have already paid for the 20/21 season ?

Don’t fret. Tony Bloom has never let us down and he and the club have acted admirably during this period. The club won’t do anything before the EPL/Govt are in a position to make and communicate decisions, then the fun will start with the lawyers and Insurers going into battle.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don’t fret. Tony Bloom has never let us down and he and the club have acted admirably during this period. The club won’t do anything before the EPL/Govt are in a position to make and communicate decisions, then the fun will start with the lawyers and Insurers going into battle.

Not fretting just an observation.

I assume these will become credits at some point to whenever the next season live happens.

However if there is no football till 2021 I can see an awful lot of people giving up season tickets at all football clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here