Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Chris Evans auctions

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I realise Chris Evans can be a bit marmite, and I do understand how some people can’t stand him, but, what he is doing with his auctions at the moment is exceptional.
For those who don’t or won’t listen to his breakfast show, last week he auctioned off a lot of his collected memorabilia and surplus furniture for the benefit of the NHS (sorry [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION])
He raised just shy of half a million quid, a very commendable effort. This week he has moved it up a gear and has got a lot of celebrity contacts involved with lots to come from Sir Rod Stewart, Ricky Wilson, Dawn French, Rob Brydon with more to come.
At the moment, his new auctions stand in total at £30,000 with 110 hours to run.

https://portal.bid-ingroup.com/WebBidInApp/27CA35C3-D907-42F6-91DA-838D7C4F86A0/auction

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I always liked him but can easily see why some wouldn't.

It's bonkers, really, that we shout about how amazing the NHS is around the world and then have to prop it up with donations while being the 4th (I think) richest country in the world.

Not trying to start a political debate by the way....

D

Deleted member 2719

Chris is natural born entrepreneur, he had ideas popping out of his brain 24/7, I like then man who likes to go for it.
I totally get him.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Top presenter, listen to him every day.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's a very clever guy and I've always liked him. His Radio 2 show was **** though (Ball is worse mind). :lolol:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I always liked him but can easily see why some wouldn't.

It's bonkers, really, that we shout about how amazing the NHS is around the world and then have to prop it up with donations while being the 4th (I think) richest country in the world.

Not trying to start a political debate by the way....

Not wishing to join with with your political debate, but .......

I don't think that this auction and other NHS fund raising (Captain Tom) is needed or intended to "prop up" the NHS, but rather raise money for staff and is a way for the public to show their support for the amazing work they are doing.

The annual NHS budget is approximately £134B. Whilst the amount raised is fantastic, it really is a drop in the ocean if it was needed to "prop it up".

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Running total on the auction is a shade under 38 grand with 106 hours left.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've got a lot of time for Evans, very much marmite but I like him. He always did this as part of his Radio 2 show, putting together some amazing auctions and experiences in aid of Children in Need every year. He certainly knows how to twist the arm of his celebrity chums to get some decent prizes or getting them to take part in things like Carfest or his Dine and Disco events.

I realise Chris Evans can be a bit marmite, and I do understand how some people can’t stand him, but, what he is doing with his auctions at the moment is exceptional.
For those who don’t or won’t listen to his breakfast show, last week he auctioned off a lot of his collected memorabilia and surplus furniture for the benefit of the NHS (sorry [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION])
He raised just shy of half a million quid, a very commendable effort. This week he has moved it up a gear and has got a lot of celebrity contacts involved with lots to come from Sir Rod Stewart, Ricky Wilson, Dawn French, Rob Brydon with more to come.
At the moment, his new auctions stand in total at £30,000 with 110 hours to run.

https://portal.bid-ingroup.com/WebBidInApp/27CA35C3-D907-42F6-91DA-838D7C4F86A0/auction

I am in the "Marmite, but I did enjoy listening to him on the BBC Breakfast R2 show" camp. Now we have Zoe Bland in his seat and I have been forced to have Hits Radio on the alarm - my choice would be Planet Rock but this is in deference to Mrs. P.

Good for him I say.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Not wishing to join with with your political debate, but .......

I don't think that this auction and other NHS fund raising (Captain Tom) is needed or intended to "prop up" the NHS, but rather raise money for staff and is a way for the public to show their support for the amazing work they are doing.

The annual NHS budget is approximately £134B. Whilst the amount raised is fantastic, it really is a drop in the ocean if it was needed to "prop it up".

I stand corrected in that case. I was under the impression it was for PPE etc.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Mmm. I know it's jealousy but i cannot stand these auctions. I've not listened for a couple of years because i got fed up of people with far too much money spunking £15,000 so that little Johnny and Verity can go on a trip to see Mary Poppins in London with special 'meet the cast' tour.

Its not the money being raised, its the fact that these twots have so much money in the first place.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
His second auction finished last night, just short of £600,000 pound which will take his total to well over a million.

A very good effort, well done Ginge.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Mmm. I know it's jealousy but i cannot stand these auctions. I've not listened for a couple of years because i got fed up of people with far too much money spunking £15,000 so that little Johnny and Verity can go on a trip to see Mary Poppins in London with special 'meet the cast' tour.

Its not the money being raised, its the fact that these twots have so much money in the first place.

A friend in the media refers to these sorts of auctions as ******** farming

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not a huge fan of him as a broadcaster but the charity work he's done over the years is second to none

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The NHS isn’t a charity, people choose to work for them and yes it’s a difficult time for them but really all this happy clapping and fund raising is starting to grind on me.

30,000 deaths and these people hardly get a mention or thought by these celebrities, families have been devastated incomes lost, children have lost parents, parents have lost children. Why no weekly minutes silence for the dead or charity work for the families effected that need it? As usual it’s all turned into a look at me **** fest.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The NHS isn’t a charity, people choose to work for them and yes it’s a difficult time for them but really all this happy clapping and fund raising is starting to grind on me.

30,000 deaths and these people hardly get a mention or thought by these celebrities, families have been devastated incomes lost, children have lost parents, parents have lost children. Why no weekly minutes silence for the dead or charity work for the families effected that need it? As usual it’s all turned into a look at me **** fest.

You’re right, the NHS isn’t a charity and in a perfect world they wouldn’t have the need of charitable donations to stay safe, but as we know, the world is far from perfect. The NHS workers, like the majority of the rest of us, didn’t foresee this situation when they chose to work in health care, and to be asked to risk their life’s on a daily basis is above and beyond what they signed up for.

Over 30,000 deaths from this virus is horrific, and I hope that when this is over those responsible will be held to account, although I doubt that will happen. It is not the job of celebrities to fund those whose livelihoods are threatened, or to compensate the relatives of those who’ve died, it’s the job of the Government.
To shame those who are trying to raise money, however they can, is a bit like Hancock blaming footballers for earning too much, deflecting from the real problems of lack of PPE, the late implementation of lockdown etc, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here