Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn on BBC shortly

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Becoming one of the voices of PL footballers. At the end of his career so has the nice position of wanting to get media exposure but not caring too much if he upsets the Premier League.

Was on Football Focus on Saturday. Spoke very well and I agreed with what he was saying. He also managed to get Bruno elected to Dan Walker's picture shelf.

Still, he's no DULLARD and I bet he doesn't have a Viz Annual on show anywhere :whistle:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Becoming one of the voices of PL footballers. At the end of his career so has the nice position of wanting to get media exposure but not caring too much if he upsets the Premier League.

Was on Football Focus on Saturday. Spoke very well and I agreed with what he was saying. He also managed to get Bruno elected to Dan Walker's picture shelf.

Still, he's no DULLARD and I bet he doesn't have a Viz Annual on show anywhere :whistle:

On Good morning Britain as I type

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Media whore he is

glenn.JPG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So how big is the change in the dour surly Northerner who doesn’t wave to fans and turned into a Judas for a few seasons? :lolol:

He comes across really well, good job Glenn :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting to hear things from player's perspective. Says it's a bit of of a stretch saying the training ground is open; says the place is firmly locked, max 3 players at a time park up 3 spaces apart, each trains on a seperate training pitch. Calls it more of a safe space to train in, rather than a training ground as such. Intelligent, articulate player. The boy Murray done good

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Who is in charge of PR at the club? By that I don't mean sending out the club emails weekly but putting us top and front as spokesmen/women for the whole of English football. Why are we not seeing Norwich on TV and radio every day putting their side of things or a Liverpool player asking for the season to resume. It seems that PB, TB & GM take it in turns to go in front of a camera, heck even Hope Powell was on SSN. But even better, they really are telling it as it is, no bulls**t but simply how them and us, the fans, see it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who is in charge of PR at the club? By that I don't mean sending out the club emails weekly but putting us top and front as spokesmen/women for the whole of English football. Why are we not seeing Norwich on TV and radio every day putting their side of things or a Liverpool player asking for the season to resume. It seems that PB, TB & GM take it in turns to go in front of a camera, heck even Hope Powell was on SSN. But even better, they really are telling it as it is, no bulls**t but simply how them and us, the fans, see it.

I think the club's heart is just instinctively in the right place, from top to bottom. If it was simple PR spin, we'd spot the gaps. Take the THANK YOU NHS shirt. Bold, beautiful gesture, and one that every single other club could conceivably follow. And AFAIK the shirt's not been spun into the wider media. Maybe because there is no wider PR element at play, just something being given back to the community

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think the club's heart is just instinctively in the right place, from top to bottom. If it was simple PR spin, we'd spot the gaps. Take the THANK YOU NHS shirt. Bold, beautiful gesture, and one that every single other club could conceivably do similar. And AFAIK the shirt's not been spun into the wider media. Maybe because there is no wider PR aspect

I think you're right. I might have put it the wrong way. Rather than a PR team at the club it may be that the media like us for what we are, a club run by a fan for the fans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tone/direction obviously set by Bloom and Barber - we're so lucky to have them both. Overall the club's approach, activity, comms etc throughout all this has been absolutely exceptional IMO - 100% in line with the ethos of the club in 'normal' circumstances and capturing the general mood every time.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Barber is a big player in the Premier League. We are lucky to have him. Not saying I agree with everything he says, but he is a clear communicator and doesn't talk bull poo

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think a lot of club owners/CEO:s are actively discouraging their players and staff to do or say anything. "Oh what if we say anything negative about football resuming, Bet365 might leave us!" - that type of things. TB seem to have set the bar a lot higher and have surrounded himself with staff & players with the same mentality. TB wont tell PB to "shut the **** up and focus on your job", GP is not going to say "shut the **** up and focus on football or I'll mourinho you once we get playing again".

Glenn & Lewis (sounds like a shit sitcom from 1983) are obviously the leaders of the players. When the club/Potter decided to extend the contract of GM for another year instead of selling him, it was unlikely because of his brilliant performances this season but because he is a competent and intelligent leader and likely to have a great future in coaching/similar once his career is over.

While not everything is perfect in any club, the culture of BHAFC seems so much more sound and down to earth than in almost any other PL club. Long may it continue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here