Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 2 nights ago my Grandson committed suicide MIND Charity

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It is only now I can bring myself to talk about it publicly, 2 nights ago my young grandson went into some local woods and hung himself from a tree! as if this world is not bad enough at the moment! he was just 23 a very young 23 to be honest and as far as we were concerned he was ok, we knew he had girlfriend problems but nothing that any of us would probably not gone through years ago.

My Son, obviously his Father, went to the tree that he hung himself from today, he rung me from the spot, crying his eyes out but he said he just had to go there to try and find out why? needless to say he found no answers but he laid a bunch of flowers at the bottom of the tree and it helped him a bit i guess.

My wife and I are broken people at the moment, we sort of bought him up from a young age and i suppose in many ways we treated him more like a son, but he was always our first Grandson and we were so proud of him, it goes without saying other close members of my family are devastated as well.

maybe putting this on here will help a bit i really honestly don't know, we have never, thank god, had anything like this before!

Some of Michaels friends have started up a "GO FUND ME" page, the young girl who thought the world of Michael did this herself to start with and she did the forword to it which still brings me to tears when i read it, if anyone does want to chuck in a few quid for the Charity then thats great and thank you, if you don't no worries but please do try and read the forward - just for total transparency, some of the money will go towards the funeral costs as there was no insurance and my son cant afford anything as he is out of work (we will pay the rest) but a large amount will go to the charity MIND they are a great charity who have been going many years and try to help people like my Grandson - anyway the choice is yours, the link is below and you will see the latest photo of Michael on it, yes he does look so young but he was just 23! Thanks for reading this, and I know some will comment and in advance i thank you for that.

Thanks Tony

https://www.gofundme.com/f/michael-sparkes-team-994?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'm truly sorry to read this.
I can't even begin to imagine the pain you must be feeling.
My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Terribly sorry to hear of this.

I can't begin to comprehend what you and your son are ging through at the moment.

best wishes

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
In tears just reading this. So sad, so unfair, so painful. I’ve never knowingly met you but I am sending my love to you. The sun will shine a little brighter one day.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Dreadfully sad, my heart goes out to you and your family.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It was far easier to find the money to donate than to find the words. Wish there was some way to dissipate the pain and sorrow. Truly sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tragic, no words can help, so sorry to hear this.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm so very sorry for your loss.
This time has been very difficult for a lot of people but I think particularly for the younger generation. Very sadly another young person committed suicide in Hassocks last week. I think you have done the right thing in sharing this story as it might help others at this time when so many feel isolated. Take care and RIP Michael

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am crying into my cornflakes now. I have two young lads, just younger than your grandson. Saying I am so sorry, for you and your family just doesn't do this justice.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Such a sad thing to read.
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. xx

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills