Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION]* [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]* [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION]* [MENTION=1272]bhafc99[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION]
Brighton Lines [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=20141]GloryDays[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=21109]One Love[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION]* [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]*

Any questions just @ me because the column becomes too long.

You have three matches to play in this section. Therefore three sets of questions to answer. One goal per question. Three points if you beat your opponent. One for a draw. If you are playing one of the byes you still need to get a question right for the three points, otherwise it's 0-0.

The questions are below. PM me your answers by Thursday lunchtime at the latest.

Match 1
1 In which year did David Beckham retire from professional football ?
2 Who scored England's opening goal at the 2000 Euros ?
3 Who was the English referee at the 2000 Euros ?
4 Who beat Crawley Town in the 5th round of the FA Cup in 2011 ?
5 How many non-league teams have reached the FA Cup quarter final since 1945 ?

Match 2
1 In which decade did Brighton first reach the second division of the football league ?
2 Who were the last English team to win a European trophy before the 1980s ban kicked in ?
3 Who were the first English team to win a trophy once English teams were re-admitted ?
4 Who scored Brighton's first Premier League goal in 2017 ?
5 Who finished bottom of the first Premier League in 1992/93 ?

Match 3
1 Who has scored the most goals in the Premier League (35) for Crystal Palace ?
2 In which year did Portsmouth last win the FA Cup ?
3 In 2015 Whitehawk were beaten in the FA Cup second round missing out on a trip to which EPL team ?
4 In which year did Bobby Robson leave the England managerial post ?
5 Who scored the winning penalty when Brighton knocked Manchester City out of the League Cup in 2008 ?

Matches:

GP1-1.PNG

GP2-2.PNG

GP3-3.PNG

GP4-4.PNG

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've submitted my answers to the Quizmaster , i then compiled his questions consulting the Google machine for the correct answers , iv'e tried to make them of a similar theme to our questions , so these are for Brighton Lines only for the purposes of the Quiz , have a go if you want but keep it to yourselves :thumbsup:

Match 1

1 = What year did Ian Wright retire

2 = Who was the Netherlands top scorer in the 2000 Euros

3 = Who was the Referee in the 2000 Euros Final

4 = Who were the 2 finalists of the 2011 FA Cup

5 = Who did Crawley defeat in in Round 1 of the 2011 FA CUP

Match 2

1 = Which decade did Brighton first play in Division 3 South

2 = How many European trophies did English clubs win from 1977-1984

3 = What year did Nottingham Forest last win the European Cup

4 = Brighton played Oxford Utd in a pre season friendly in the 2016-17 season , what was the score

5 = Who was the Premiere League top goal scorer in the 92-93 season

Match 3

1 = Which player did Shane Duffy headbutt to get himself sent off v Crystal Palace

2 = In 2011 FA Cup Brighton played Pompey and won 3-1 who scored Brightons 3rd goal

3 = Who is the current manager of Whitehawk FC

4 = Which club did Sir Bobby Robson join after leaving the England post .

5 = Which club did Brighton lose to after a replay in the 1st round of the 2008 FA Cup

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've submitted my answers to the Quizmaster , i then compiled his questions consulting the Google machine for the correct answers , iv'e tried to make them of a similar theme to our questions , so these are for Brighton Lines only for the purposes of the Quiz , have a go if you want but keep it to yourselves :thumbsup:

Match 1

Match 2

4 = Brighton played Oxford Utd in a pre season friendly in the 2016-17 season , what was the score

Match 3

1 = Which player did Shane Duffy headbutt to get himself sent off v Crystal Palace

2 = In 2011 FA Cup Brighton played Pompey and won 3-1 who scored Brightons 3rd goal

5 = Which club did Brighton lose to after a replay in the 1st round of the 2008 FA Cup

I don't ever recall asking who obscure teams played in the FIRST round of the FA Cup or indeed the results of pre-season friendlies.... I bet [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] must be 'avin a reet chortle now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another perfectly pitched set of questions IMO.

Some I knew instinctively, some I could work out/make an educated guess and a couple were total stabs in the dark.

Great work [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION]

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]
Welcome to the GSP stadium in Nicosia!
Warning: our fans are rebels. They will let off flares and fireworks and will not be observing social distancing.
You may go home with something more than the three points.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009

Match 1

Match 2

Match 3

When BL is playing, should his opponent answer the same questions or the original ones?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When BL is playing, should his opponent answer the same questions or the original ones?

Good point that. I'm on a different scale to others here, whether for better or bad.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Okay. Small adjustments been made. But none that affects the overall tournament.

[MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* has been moved to Group 2. He is taking my place. The Group 2 fixtures above that include me are in fact fixtures against KZN.

KZN's place in Group 1 is now a 'bye' fixture. The groups have even numbers now and all with a single bye fixture for each player to ensure involvement in every round of questions.

I've withdrawn to make sure that everyone answers the same questions at all stages and to avoid extra admin work.

I'll still answer Taybha's questions above to show how crap I would have been anyway.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Okay. Small adjustments been made. But none that affects the overall tournament.

[MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* has been moved to Group 2. He is taking my place. The Group 2 fixtures above that include me are in fact fixtures against KZN.

KZN's place in Group 1 is now a 'bye' fixture. The groups have even numbers now and all with a single bye fixture for each player to ensure involvement in every round of questions.

I've withdrawn to make sure that everyone answers the same questions at all stages and to avoid extra admin work.

I'll still answer Taybha's questions above to show how crap I would have been anyway.

I knew that Spain were running scared facing the might of San Marino, but to have us move group is a bit much. :thumbsup:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I knew that Spain were running scared facing the might of San Marino, but to have us move group is a bit much. :thumbsup:

You now have to face Italy....

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Another perfectly pitched set of questions IMO.

Some I knew instinctively, some I could work out/make an educated guess and a couple were total stabs in the dark.

Great work [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION]
Yes precisely this (weighted more towards the third group)

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just get on with it , the oxford one should be childs play :D

It was played for The Oxford Benevolent Cup which was the largest cup in the domestic game in Britain

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was played for The Oxford Benevolent Cup which was the largest cup in the domestic game in Britain

He was talking about a friendly in 2016.

I remember the OBC, there was a song about it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was talking about a friendly in 2016.

I remember the OBC, there was a song about it.

Indeed but isn’t it still played for each year though renamed but still the same cup.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Indeed but isn’t it still played for each year though renamed but still the same cup.

Ah, that I don't know. Let me know and I'll make it a question. Oh...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
To Come:
[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION]* [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]* [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21056]Smirko[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here