Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Following on from the surprising success of the NSC quiz tournament, in which everyone followed the rules and kept things flowing, there was a demand for more quizzing fun.
Having spent all the cup final money I’ve decided that the NSC Summer Championship is the way forward. So here is the column, and entries are now being accepted.
The tournament is a virtual European Championships- and here are the rules:

1) All entrants to put there names below as well as the European nation they wish to represent. You can choose any country. They don’t need to have qualified for the Euros. Please check above your entry to see that the country hasn’t been taken. That
country will always appear alongside your name.
2) As far as possible, the previous quiz league entrants will be kept apart in the group stages. The top eight will be seeded.
3) The first round will take the form of a group of mini leagues. The format of the later stages depends on the entrant numbers.
4) A maximum of 48 entries will be accepted. The ‘application process’ closes on Thursday 7th May.
5) Each team plays against the others in their group on an individual match basis. All entrants answer the same group of questions on each match day. One goal per correct answer.
6) Inevitably, there will be injustices with some teams scoring more answers correct than others and not proceeding. Bad luck- that’s football- or NSC quizzes.

As other quizlings will testify, these quizzes rely on honesty. Do not look up answers in the internet. I have ways of working out if people are cheating through a form of answer profiling. Don’t do it. It’s not fair. Folk take a lot of time and enjoy the fun. The amount of time I spent on the last one was the equivalent of about three working days.

Finally, if you are going to enter make sure you get your answers through in good time. If you don’t visit NSC regularly then it’s best not to join. We had no defaults last time. Let’s have that again.

Names below. Have fun.

[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION]

Your places are reserved but I still need to know that you want to take part here.

Last edited:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Hell yes!

Can I represent Gibraltar, now that it has full UEFA accreditation I believe!

Fantastic that you’re back. Really truly awesome to have this back as a distraction.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
As it's European nation, i'll go with the perennial dark horse/disappointments and go with The Netherlands.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Fantastic idea - I'll go for Wales please:sheep:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm in - Luxembourg

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm in please.

I'd like to be Vatican City if I may(I'll need divine inspiration if I am to progress...). If the Vatican is not applicable I'll plump for Italy please.

Take Italy otherwise this could descend into territorial disputes with our Isle of Wight residents putting their hands up !

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm in. Can I be Montenegro please, thanks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’m in please - and I’ll take my favourite European country, Denmark.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Good stuff. I'll be Germany.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here