Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Hand in Hand Pub, Upper St James Street - Draught Beers Take-away Service Now Open.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Every day from 12.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
No need to take containers as the beer is decanted in to 2 pint bottles.

Attachments

• P1110095.JPG
    P1110095.JPG
    954.6 KB · Views: 125

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
*other pubs and breweries are available :lolol:

Seriously, great to see these sorts of things and I hope they keep the wolf from the door in some way. Hand in Hand is my favourite when I'm over that way. Nipped in with the Roar boys last autumn after recording a show and ended up playing some kind of mad hipster game and being chatted up by a Belgian male, all while drinking some of the nicest beer in town.

I'm the other side of town and have been surviving on Foghorn deliveries until recently having to hit the anti-biotics. Am able to drink again today but missed the Foghorn cut off :rant:

Well done any pub doing this and let's hope all our favourites survive.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Does Bev still run the Hand?
Unfortunately no. He died many years' ago now. The person who runs it now is Jen. She's really lovely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unfortunately no. He died many years' ago now. The person who runs it now is Jen. She's really lovely.
It’s years since I’ve been in there. My mum and dad used to own the White House Hotel in Bedford Street, so it was our local.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ordered beer from the Duke of Boots, Shoreham yesterday. It arrived in under 2 hours. I have been served slower than that in some places waiting at the bar.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I remember when Pubs had an extra door leading to a counter where a jug could be filled with beer or a bottle bought. Surprisingly the door had a sign above it: "Bottle And Jug".

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Every day from 12.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
No need to take containers as the beer is decanted in to 2 pint bottles.

Nice to see a decent beer option, lucky enough over in Worthing to have Brooksteed Alehouse and The Selden Arms delivering decent beers.... I would be interested to see what the Hand in Hand is charging for their Belgian's.... usually the purchase price is 20% of the sale price ! A Westmalle Dubel is about 1.10 Euros in Belgium.. including 10% for returning the bottle.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ordered beer from the Duke of Boots, Shoreham yesterday. It arrived in under 2 hours. I have been served slower than that in some places waiting at the bar.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Obviously good stuff from The Duke of " Boots" !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here