Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Tony Allen RIP

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Very sad to learn of the passing of Tony Allen. An incredible drummer, and one of the inventors of afro-beat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Aaaaaw. That’s very sad. I was literally talking about his brilliance to someone last night. Very lucky to see him a few times.

RIP Tony.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I was just talking about him with my eldest. Sat down checked nsc and discover he's died.. Absolute legend, RIP

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The words legend and icon are overused, but he was,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been listening to Africa 70 today...so good.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good tribute to him on Giles Peterson’s show this afternoon. 6 Music have dedicated the day to “stay home / rave safe” and Giles included an Afrobeat room in his virtual club. It’s totally lifted my spirits and still going with The Allergies rocking Craig’s Trunk of Funk :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Good tribute to him on Giles Peterson’s show this afternoon. 6 Music have dedicated the day to “stay home / rave safe” and Giles included an Afrobeat room in his virtual club. It’s totally lifted my spirits and still going with The Allergies rocking Craig’s Trunk of Funk :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP has been a rock, taking on extra hours (same as Craig Charles). Between the two of them they cover 90%+ of my musical interests. Stay happy GB happy times will come!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
GP has been a rock, taking on extra hours (same as Craig Charles). Between the two of them they cover 90%+ of my musical interests. Stay happy GB happy times will come!

Cheers buddy. Totally agree, the MCing, particularly by Dynamite was so uplifting. Who needs Liz "Hiya" Kershaw anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here