Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Global Sports during COVID-19

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thought it would be worth a thread ongoing in coming weeks and months to keep track of various sports in different countries as and when they become active again, for those who will be missing a sports fix.

28th May - Australian National Rugby League restart planned.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not quite sure of the standard but televised tennis tournment in Germany as below;

BBC News

Tennis returns with televised tournament

German player Dustin Brown, who reached the Wimbledon third round in 2015, is expected to take part in the series

The first professional tennis tournament of the Covid-19 era is set to begin on Friday in Germany.

The four-day Tennis Point series, in Koblenz, will be played without fans, line judges, ball girls and boys or handshakes, although it will be televised live.

Players will sit at opposite sides of the net during changeovers, and there will be no handshakes at the end of the match.

"We wanted to bring the joy of tennis back to peoples’ lives," said tournament director Ruben Herrera.

The men's ATP and women's WTA tours remain suspended.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Edit: Just read that the South Korean league will start next Friday. Good stuff, a league that should be a bit better (and especially more entertaining) than the Belarus league.

I'm betting on Russian, Ukrainian, Brazilian and Belarusian table tennis every day.

Two dudes called Ricardo Kojima & Akira Chikaraishi from the "Brazil Autumn Exhibition League" are money machines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here