Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Why do we persevere with standing urination?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Really, why? It's clearly not the best method considering we either piss on the seat or floor half the time and even when we do perform a perfect deployment there will always be some droplets. Why are we so hostile towards the notion of just sitting down?

There seems to be a movement of "Sitzpinklers" in Germany that have embraced the lady method, I just can't bring myself to do it and I have no idea why not as it's clearly the logical move.

Remember when people had carpet in the toilet? Bit grim looking back.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Really, why? It's clearly not the best method considering we either piss on the seat or floor half the time and even when we do perform a perfect deployment there will always be some droplets. Why are we so hostile towards the notion of just sitting down?

There seems to be a movement of "Sitzpinklers" in Germany that have embraced the lady method, I just can't bring myself to do it and I have no idea why not as it's clearly the logical move.

The queues are bad enough in WSU as it is

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Speak for yourself, pal.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm afraid about 75% of my wees are "lazy wees". Mainly because I use it as an excuse for some solitude and a quick check of my phone. I only do the standy-uppy when I'm in a hurry.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'm afraid about 75% of my wees are "lazy wees". Mainly because I use it as an excuse for some solitude and a quick check of my phone. I only do the standy-uppy when I'm in a hurry.

yep, same

we're in good company- Luis Suarez is a big advocate of the sit down wee

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Is there a stream?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This. When in a pub / football ground / office then stand up is a necessary evil but that won't be happening for a while. Ditto planes and trains where I don't want to sit on the previous person's widdle. But at home? Go in, pull down, sit down and spend as long as possible away from the kids whilst reading the latest articles on The Guardian or catching up on some HeadBall 2. Flush, pull up and you're downstairs in a jiffy being praised for your general lack of puddle and outside of loo coverage, and for putting the seat down. (Ok, not strictly PRAISED as this would infer she checks up after me, but unless The Boy goes in straight after me and unleashes the Yellow Danube across porcelain, floor, window and mirror as 13 year old males do, I know the facilities are female friendly for the next visitor).

Win/win

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I only ever wee sitting down if at all possible . I was taught when I was younger ( many years ago ) that urinals / weeing standing up was a very uncoath thing to do and only for the working classes . Although I consider myself no particular class , that has always stuck with me .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I only ever wee sitting down if at all possible . I was taught when I was younger ( many years ago ) that urinals / weeing standing up was a very uncoath thing to do and only for the working classes . Although I consider myself no particular class , that has always stuck with me .

Uncouth !! Working Class !!
Then claim to be no particular class !!

You have really shaken the Old Thunder pot this time, Charles Charley Charles....

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Standing is fine, just stand over the pan and point down rather than trying to fire it in from 3 feet away, no spills.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Really, why? It's clearly not the best method considering we either piss on the seat or floor half the time and even when we do perform a perfect deployment there will always be some droplets. Why are we so hostile towards the notion of just sitting down?.

Speak for yourself

There seems to be a movement of "Sitzpinklers" in Germany that have embraced the lady method, .

I think you have answered your own question 'lady method'

Standing is fine, just stand over the pan and point down rather than trying to fire it in from 3 feet away, no spills.

Quite right

Sitting is for sh*tting, standing is for waving

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here