Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV to avoid...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I appreciate I'm opening up a thread for people just to say Mrs Brown but plenty of threads on here about good telly and things to watch on Netflix/Amazon etc but can't recall seeing one about the dross that has been spewed out during this lockdown.

Whoever is in charge of Sky's comedy output should be concerned about their job IMO. Watched Code 404 last night. Poor at best but far from their worst. Hitmen was absolute pony! Mel and Sue basically playing themselves as hitmen.....yes its as shite as it sounds!

Sky do redeem themselves with Breeders.

As bad as Hitmen was its certainly not the worst, not by a long way. That accolade for me goes to Netflix for Brews Brothers. I lasted 2.5 episodes before I had to switch it off it was that bad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After Life by Ricky Gervais.

Gogglebox - for pity's sake WHY!!! The other Pottings are all addicted and wonder why, instead of watching it, I prefer to watch something else on my tablet or go to bed and read.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I appreciate I'm opening up a thread for people just to say Mrs Brown but plenty of threads on here about good telly and things to watch on Netflix/Amazon etc but can't recall seeing one about the dross that has been spewed out during this lockdown.

Whoever is in charge of Sky's comedy output should be concerned about their job IMO. Watched Code 404 last night. Poor at best but far from their worst. Hitmen was absolute pony! Mel and Sue basically playing themselves as hitmen.....yes its as shite as it sounds!

Sky do redeem themselves with Breeders.

As bad as Hitmen was its certainly not the worst, not by a long way. That accolade for me goes to Netflix for Brews Brothers. I lasted 2.5 episodes before I had to switch it off it was that bad.

One episode of Hitmen was enough.
I usually check something scores at least 6 out of 10 on imdb before watching. Found this had a rating of 4.7 afterwards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any fans of Nick Hornby's book and/or film High Fidelity need to steer clear of the 10 part TV show.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Money for Nothing on Quest, what a dull programme

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
One episode of Hitmen was enough.
I usually check something scores at least 6 out of 10 on imdb before watching. Found this had a rating of 4.7 afterwards.
This.

I trust imdb mostly. If something is rated below 7 I'm instantly sceptical.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anything about antiques, recycling old tat and car boot sales.

I’d agree with recycling and car boot sales but I do enjoy Salvage Hunters even though Drew Pritchard is a massive smug cock

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’d agree with recycling and car boot sales but I do enjoy Salvage Hunters even though Drew Pritchard is a massive smug cock

Big fan of American Pickers.

45 minutes of saying "why" in various different tones - what's not to like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here