Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Captain Sir Tom Moore - *Died 2 Feb 2021*

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Not much brings a lump to my throat, but the sight of this old chap with the sight of a spitfire and Hurricane flying by , with his fist pumping in the air was truly emotional.
All that and amount he’s raised , the birthday cards that have been sent to him is a wonderful sight to see in these dark days.

Last edited by a moderator:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not much brings a limp to my throat, but the site of this old chap with the site of a spitfire and Hurricane flying by , with his fist pumping in the air was truly emotional.
All that and amount he’s raised , the birthday cards that have been sent to him is a wonderful site to see and these dark days.

I don't think it is too late to edit it.:)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He said " I'm one of the last people to see those planes fly in peace but also fly in anger"
The true meaning of hero.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] is the resident pedant, he won’t be happy with others wading in

I concur completely with the OP’s comments

Did I just see Col Moore was on Terry Wogan’s Blankety Blank?

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
A bit of respect please. "Colonel" Captain Tom Moore. :salute:

Captain Tom Moore has been made an honorary colonel on his 100th birthday.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Did you also know that throats rarely have a limp ?

3z63e1.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's been made an honorary England cricket player too and given a cap.

I doubt he'd mind, but I'm very sorry to Sir Ian Botham, but you're no longer my favourite England cricket player of all time.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I had tears in my eyes ....... doh!

Not one but two "trains" named after him.

For the benefit of pedantic trainspotters on here (I suspect at least one other :) ) strictly speaking one is a Class 800 AT300 bi-mode multiple unit and the other a class 66 locomotive.

....And he fully deserves it!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Well done to all who donated - just shy of £30 million. Just put another £50 in myself. Happy 100th Tom.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Top, top man, fully deserved the Spitfire and Hurricane flypast, as he said he saw them used in Anger back in World War II, not many left that can say that... :salute:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He's been made an honorary England cricket player too and given a cap.

And made a far more convincing hundred than Adam Lyth managed.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And made a far more convincing hundred than Adam Lyth managed.

He looked far more comfortable and relaxed in his 90's than most England players too. No 'nervous 90's' for him.

It was going to take something special to beat it, but I think that's the proudest hundred by a Yorkshireman for England, eclipsing even Boycott's at Headingley against The Aussies in 1977.

snowgrass

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
What a guy, fantastic, and how generous the people of UK to generate this amount, just shows what the people think of the NHS while they treated like muck by the government

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What a guy, fantastic, and how generous the people of UK to generate this amount, just shows what the people think of the NHS while they treated like muck by the government

Couldn’t you have just given the guy some credit and left it at that?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] is the resident pedant, he won’t be happy with others wading in

I concur completely with the OP’s comments

Did I just see Col Moore was on Terry Wogan’s Blankety Blank?

Yes - they found the clip and showed it on BBC this morning, followed by a message from Ruth Madoc who was one of the celeb panel at the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here