Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
RIP. A silky smooth FB and CB, sheer quality.

As a kid I remember watching the rarity of an England sending off (only the third ever?) when Cherry fouled Bertoni in a ‘friendly’ in Buenos Aires in 1977. The ref reacted to 60,000 screaming home fans.
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/bygones-when-fiercest-international-rivalries-left-trevor-cherry-two-front-teeth-missing-1775566

That was before my time, but I grew up knowing he was only the third ever and had his teeth knocked out for his trouble and have seen it since. There's a full list of them here - http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamDiscip/PlyrDisc.html

It doesn't mention Paul Ince actually swore at Pierluigi Collina in Italian before his second yellow though.

Because of the teeth, where it happened and who it was against, Trevor Cherry has to be my all time favourite England red card.

RIP.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Another star of The Dons superteam gone to keep Norman company. RIP Trevor

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
sorry that I saw no national coverage of Michael Robinson's demise . (Apologise , off topic I suppose)

SSN had a nice piece including from Barca and Nadel. Also Michael wasn't exactly a 'big' name.
Going to be a lot of tears if or when we get back to the stadium. For those we knew and those we spoke to who never return. That bar had better be fully stocked.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
SSN had a nice piece including from Barca and Nadel. Also Michael wasn't exactly a 'big' name.
Going to be a lot of tears if or when we get back to the stadium. For those we knew and those we spoke to who never return. That bar had better be fully stocked.

As did The Gurardian, The Daily Mail and the BBC. What I read was all very complementary.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
R.I.P. Trevor. You were a fixture in my Fruit n’ Veg team of David Peach (Southampton), Steve Grapes (Norwich), George Berry (Wolves), Tim Flowers (Southampton) and many more.

Presumably Micky Mellon, Stephen Pears, Titus Bramble, Steve McBananaman and - of course - former Ballon D'Or winner Figo?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
In the late 60s / early 70s transfers were rare compared to current times. Cherry was the first big signing to break into the long established Revie team and he rose to the challenge and was also capped for his country. Another great loss to us this month following Hunter and Robinson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here