Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] British Grand Prix to be held behind closed doors

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
YAY make it happen, I am really missing F1

Fully aware that this may turn out to be a bit hopeful...

I wonder how and if they intend to actually have a world champion this season given how few races we are likely to have.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Most of those races in the desert don't have spectators so won't make a different for TV viewing. BRDC must have some deal with the fee for the race though, even with them mugging off punters with ticket prices they're still broke.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Behind closed doors? Will that need Donny to build a wall around the whole circuit so they can add closed doors?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I was thinking about f1 as one of the sports easiest to get back on.

The drivers are basically wearing PPE and are apart from everyone anyway.

The pit crew, fire ambulance are racing support staff are the issue.

How plausible is this a route to minimising the amount of crew needed? (you'll have to excuse me I'm not a very close follower of the sport). You could minimise the number of support staff needed by not having tyre changes. Just stick them all on hard tyres and ask them to manage them, possibly on a shortened race. There could still be pit crew there to change damaged front wings etc, but maybe there's just one neutral crew in the paddock for this eventuality

The team analysts etc could presumably be remote. The stewards seem to hang around on their own anyway

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Women’s football played behind closed doors.......

Little difference

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here