Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Race across the World.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m surprised there was no thread on this.
A good reality programme, 54 day race, and only 20 seconds in it at the end.
And the winners donating half their £20,000 pound prize to charities for South American street kids.

Bloody good telly.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
And the winners donating half their £20,000 pound prize to charities for South American street kids.

Bloody good telly.
Loved it. Great finish. The first series was also excellent. I would love to be in the next series.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great series, slightly contrived to give a close finish seeing as th leaders on the last leg with a 4 hour start started out at 1am where there was no public transport out till 6am and then the fact there was only one bus a day out to Ushuaia from the nearest town. Lovely gesture for the winners to donate their winning and about much more than the race for all the couple who had their own stories for competing.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Good lads the winners, great touch giving half to charity.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Great programme - strangely enough I liked all the contestants. It really shows how travel opens the mind.

Not sure how next year’s show is going to work though when a contestant has to go from their kitchen to the lounge due to lockdown

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Great programme - strangely enough I liked all the contestants. It really shows how travel opens the mind.

Not sure how next year’s show is going to work though when a contestant has to go from their kitchen to the lounge due to lockdown

Yeah - a bit like pirates at school when you had to get from one end of the sports hall to the other without touching the floor.

Great series and really enjoyed it, although felt it was a bit tough on the married couple that it all boiled down to a foot race from the hotel, as apparently the couple made to the hotel just before the lads did. Then they got told they had to go one futher stint up the hill and it was always likely in a foot race that the lads would win. Great telly though.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Great show, really liked the guys who won it. Must have missed last week, what happened to the mother & son, really wanted them to win it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Great show, really liked the guys who won it. Must have missed last week, what happened to the mother & son, really wanted them to win it.

They were in at the beginning of tonight’s programme, but they could only afford one coach ticket to get to Mendoza. They had to work on the coach, or cleaning & serving the dinner for the other ticket. They ran out of money.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Bloody good telly.

Im glad they won rather than that whining woman who came second.....imagine living with her full time,.....just a bully to her husband.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw 2-3 of the episodes and thought it was quite good and informative. Missed tonight's as was watching Van Der Valk, must catch up if and when I get time.!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The BBC was just about to start filming on a celebrity version of the show before the coronavirus pandemic hit featuring Gregg Wallace, Marcus Brigstocke, Dave Benson Phillips and Annie Lennox.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Great series, slightly contrived to give a close finish seeing as th leaders on the last leg with a 4 hour start started out at 1am where there was no public transport out till 6am and then the fact there was only one bus a day out to Ushuaia from the nearest town.

Don't know how true it is but I read somewhere online last night that they have 36 hours from when they check into the hotel (it does also say that on the wiki page.....which again I know isn't to be trusted at the best of times). Also I don't think it was really fair that the asian lads used their MP3 players as payment to the taxi driver.

I wasn't overly upset though that woman was hateful throughout. Far from it in fact.

I said to someone a couple of weeks back that I think the program was edited in a way that you went through stages of favouring one of the duos. I certainly did.....but not her. The black couple weren't really in it long enough. The mother and son as lovely as they both were at times you wanted to tell her to grow a set and him to stop being a brat. The brother and sister were kinda similar, at times he came across as a bit of a bully but like all younger siblings she seemed to know how to push the right buttons. The uncle of the asian lads came across as a right arrogant prick to start with but seemed to mellow as the series went on I think he was spot on with his comment last night that the race made him realise its a big world and he is just a very small speck on it.

The married couple from Reading were the exception. From episode 1 when she was banging on about how hard it had been on HER that her fella had gone partially deaf.....what about him FFS! That summed her up perfectly, everything had to be about her! She had an episode a couple of weeks ago where her and her husband were featured a lot and I'm guessing that was her moment to shine. I was starting thaw on her a bit and then at the end she just reverted to type just banging on about herself. No wonder he went deaf I think I'd be sticking bangers in my ears just to make sure I didn't have to put up with her moaning.

Great series though, as was the first one. Both are well worth watching on catch up if you missed them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here