Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is This What the World Looked Like When It Was New?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe it's this spell of wonderful weather, maybe it's the result of being locked down for the past month, maybe even it's all this Frascati that l've been drinking, but somehow over the past week or so the earth seems to have been revitalised.

It's as if all of my senses have been magnefied, the sun is hotter, the sky is a deeper shade of blue, the plants are growing like wildfire, and the scent from them is overwhemingly sweet.

For three consecutive nights l have looked up at the night sky and it looked magnificent, every thing loioked so clear, Venus was so bright, l felt l could almost reach out & touch it!

Pollution free, what a wonderful world.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Maybe it's this spell of wonderful weather, maybe it's the result of being locked down for the past month, maybe even it's all this Frascati that l've been drinking, but somehow over the past week or so the earth seems to have been revitalised.

It's as if all of my senses have been magnefied, the sun is hotter, the sky is a deeper shade of blue, the plants are growing like wildfire, and the scent from them is overwhemingly sweet.

For three consecutive nights l have looked up at the night sky and it looked magnificent, every thing loioked so clear, Venus was so bright, l felt l could almost reach out & touch it!

Pollution free, what a wonderful world.

Yeah, I know....some people call it spring!(except for the pollution bit, spring in La Palma perhaps)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Maybe it's this spell of wonderful weather,
Maybe it's the result of being locked down for the past month.
Maybe even it's all this Frascati that l've been drinking,
But somehow, over the past week or so,
The earth seems to have been revitalised.

It's as if all of my senses have been magnified;
The sun is hotter, the sky is a deeper shade of blue.
The plants are growing like wildfire,
And the scent from them is overwhemingly sweet.

For three consecutive nights,
l have looked up at the night sky.
And it looked magnificent,
Everything looked so clear.
Venus was so bright,
l felt l could almost reach out & touch it!

Pollution free,
What a wonderful world.

Figured that looked better as a poem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I will have to try Frascati, good stuff by the looks of it.
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

See, it wasn't just me who fell victim to the Italian wonder drug :lolol:

(Long story, Chopper)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And here in north Kent it is ****ing freezing, so presumably another benefit of shut down is a swift end to global warming.

And before anyone points out there is a difference between climate and weather....I was only kidding. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe a Haiku.

Cowfold Seagull drinks
Big bottles of Frascati
He can touch Venus

And here, in interpretive dance:

interpret.jpg

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The change is definitely noticeable. Fewer vehicular emissions, particularly from cars and planes, have resulted in reduced atmospheric smog and as a result clearer skies.

Light pollution is largely unaffected by these current times though. In pre-history, the stars would have been so pronounced that you would be able to recognise many of them by the patterns they make in relation to all the others.

You have found it !

Go ring Donald Trump

An Claim upon which Donald Trump can base his Election Campaign.

He can claim to have met the US CO2 Emission Targets by closing down Factories and taking vehicles off the streets.

He can claim that this was his plan all along - Even though he apparently doesn't believe in Global Warming.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The sky was definitely astonishingly pristine this afternoon. No “crazy horses” marring the skyscape. I really couldn’t stop gawping at it. Well, I had just shared a bottle of Lidl champagne with the Monkey which might have enhanced things a bit. But it really was beautiful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here