Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just found a little bit of Albion History

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
OK - down to the "going through drawers" stage of lockdown and found these. Knew I had some balloons but didn't realise they were in a bag from the Goldstone. Everyone was given a square of map to put balloons on lampposts and mine didn't have many so I ended up with leftovers. Think I had a street in Hove that came up from the seafront but can't remember more than that. Anyone else got some niche memorabilia?

balloon.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Here’s a few bits I have squirrelled away, the yearbook is from the year of my birth (1965), there are two items that reference our short lived ‘Dolphins’ nickname and an iron on ‘Sergeant Major’ type sleeve badge.

a7fcd3dffc8ce33e09a9a80840804238.jpg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Matchday program from Brighton vs Walsall that was played the day before I was born. I've also got a couple of the Supporters Club Handbooks from the 1970's when my Grandad was membership secretary, I will have to dig them out when I can get over to my Mum's.

13107_1110189042340453_4984103046981998189_n.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I also have these up in the loft somewhere
12a397c0cf151a38641604d8a2ae1f6e.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I also have these up in the loft somewhere
12a397c0cf151a38641604d8a2ae1f6e.jpg

I took the Prescott one to the Millennium but gave it back to Paul - makes me easy to spot in photos of the game though. Also found a document folder in the shed from hospitality at the Goldstone. Think you got a magazine and various flyers. Went a couple of times with my dad as HEAT Electric used to invite him. Also have a random signed teamsheet from Leicester away in 2005. We were away so I couldn't go with him but again he went to hospitality. No idea who it is signed by - some random old Leicester player who was hosting, I guess. He was good at random autographs - he went to Lords a few times and once took one of those small cricket bats designed for signatures. He came back with the signature of the guy who played Uncle Mort in "I didn't know you cared". I also got a Pro Celebrity golf programme signed by Des O'Connor's pianist. He really was easily impressed.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I have two signed footballs. One from a halftime raffle at Gillingham, the other my Mum won at a pre season tournament for Arundel FC's centenary.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Coat hook from the Goldstone home dressing room, verified on here some time ago. Must put some tab on it or someone will chuck it as junk when I pop off. Mind you many will still think it's junk including the wife!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
No, think I lost mine, do you remember the Perry Digweed shirt too...

“Safe as houses goalie in trousers” or something similar, I am sure their was a Clive Walker shirt too?

There was one for Gary Chivers, "We've got a Maltese International".

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Still have my bit of goldstone turf. I had thought it had died because of the very wet winter, but there are still half a dozen shoots coming through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
A match many remember as probably the worst game of football ever seen in the history of the football league.

It was shocking wasn’t it? 0-0. Just a really miserable day, miserable game, biggest crowd we had at Gillingham perhaps?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here