Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Hamiton Bohannon

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
RIP Hamilton :down:
As much as I like punk, new wave, ska and indie music I also like some dance music, probably because of an ex girlfriend i was with in the early 80s that introduced me to Hamilton Bohannon and this type of music.

I still cant get my head around putting up a YouTube vid on here-
Can someone please post - Hamilton Bohannon- Let's Start A Dance ( original a Extended mix ) 1978
It has the dancers in the video :smile:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As much as I like punk, new wave, ska and indie music I also like some dance music, probably because of an ex girlfriend i was with in the early 80s that introduced me to Hamilton Bohannon and this type of music.

Same here: I looked down on a bit but an ex was really into it and she persuaded me to let my hair down a bit and get into the groove. By the early 80s, I'd pretty much left punk/new wave behind and spent my time listening to soul/disco and reggae

Hamilton Bohannon produced records that got everybody dancing

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

I still cant get my head around putting up a YouTube vid on here-
Can someone please post - Hamilton Bohannon- Let's Start A Dance ( original a Extended mix ) 1978
It has the dancers in the video :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMgA49Q-cpY

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
When it comes to playlists, this guy is on all of mine.
The CD in the car - check
Stored on my ipod - check
All his singles on 12" vinyl - check
Amazon playlist - check
Spotify disco - check
I don't care what your music style is, just click on any of the above and TURN IT UP. Your feet will tap.
Loved his music but didn't realise his history. Drummer and toured with all the big Motown groups.

RIP

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cheers, I never get bored of watching this, always brings a smile to my face.

I was listening to Radio 6 on Thursday when I was working in my garden, this came on, the radio was turned up :smile:

It’s impossible to turn that track off until it’s finished.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Absolutely fantastic. House Music way before the term was coined. Absolutely love some of the outfits and afros in the vid as well :thumbsup:

RIP Hamilton

Fancy dress last day of the seas...... oh

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It’s impossible to turn that track off until it’s finished.

As posted above I first heard this in the early 80s, ex girlfriend had this on 12" vinyl, I had it on a mix tape in my car. I didn't know about this video until a couple of years back, a DJ played it on Radio 6 and he recommended serching YouTube for the video, he said you won't be disappointed.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Discovered Hamilton by chance about 20 years ago. Friend and I used to go to car boots collecting 7” singles. We’d have about a £3 to spend on what we’d heard or collecting but the then spend a quid on pot lucks, bearing in mind they were about 10p each at the time and saw Disco Stomp so took a punt on it. I cleared out many singles a few years back but kept a few hundred for my jukebox and this was one of them.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
There were a couple of Brighton colours inspired outfits early doors as well. Though my favourite was the geezer with the massive afro and ridiculous vest

That’s most of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here