• Scholes

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Gerrard

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
An age old question, but who would you have as the better player?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Scholes.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Scholes and if I ever met him I'd apologise for singing 'Stand up if you hate Man U' at England games I saw him play in too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crouchy put Scholes in his top 5 with Zidane, Insista, (and I think) fat Ronaldo & Messi.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Scholes is the better ACM but Gerrard the all round better player, leader and person.

Remember, Scholes couldn’t tackle. Gerrard looked like TAA when he played right back for Liverpool. You’d much prefer the Liverpool man in your squad.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’m a huge Paul Scholes fan and I’d say he was the better player but it’s closer than a lot will give Gerrard credit for.

It’s fashionable to say Scholes as Gerrard is perceived as more of a typical British, blood and thunder midfielder but that’s harsh on him.

There is no doubt between 04-08 Gerrard was one of the best and most influential players in the world, regularly showing up in big games and carrying an inferior Liverpool team to the rest of Europe’s best.

Scholes was an absolute genius so he gets my vote, albeit he couldn’t tackle for toffee.

Both were better than Lampard for me.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I remember watching a documentary about the Barcelona football academy. Paul Scholes was used as the template for the ideal midfield player.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Gerrard single handily won a bang average Liverpool side the Champions League, Scholes wouldn't have had the same impact if you swapped them. 100% Gerrard for me.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know a lot will say Scholes but I think Gerrard was more influential, so what does 'best' mean ???

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Scholes is the better ACM but Gerrard the all round better player, leader and person.

Remember, Scholes couldn’t tackle. Gerrard looked like TAA when he played right back for Liverpool. You’d much prefer the Liverpool man in your squad.

Under cover scouser. Better person is an interesting one!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Scholes all day long. The perfect pro throughout his career.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Crouchy put Scholes in his top 5 with Zidane, Insista, (and I think) fat Ronaldo & Messi.

Zidane, Viera and Xavi all said Scholes was the best midfielder of their generation. That's some compliment, especially as one of those three was the best midfielder of their generation.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

With respect Hugo. How do you come to the conclusion that Gerrard is a better person? Im not sure if i remember Scholes getting in the news for anything other than his football?

I do remember Gerrard knocking out at least one person in a bar.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Gerrard for me. Huge influence despite Liverpool often being average as a team.

Scholes a great player but quit England and Utd (1st time) too early.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With respect Hugo. How do you come to the conclusion that Gerrard is a better person? Im not sure if i remember Scholes getting in the news for anything other than his football?

I do remember Gerrard knocking out at least one person in a bar.

Since Ferguson retired, there has been a number of failed managers and players at Manure. Scholes seems to always first to put the boot in. Also - he was asked to join the England Squad in South Africa but refused because Capello did not call him personally, he now regrets this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here