Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] For the geeks, strange tech lash ups you've done at home.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Simply working from home laptop isn't up to much for me because I have to move around large files.

I've got a PC hidden in a cupboard at work that I remote into from home. It's one of those mini PCs the size of book, got two massive external hard drives which i bought from Amazon and I mainly use it to trans-code video over night.

I've got a huge monitor at home that folds back into a cupboard, so usually I'm inside with two screens, that one and the laptop.

Today I tried something different. Put the laptop in the cupboard and remoted into that from a Microsoft Surface from the garden. Bought some software (for £7.99) that transforms an Android 9inch tablet into a second PC monitor. Just stuck email on there.

So I was using the surface to remote into a laptop that was remoting into a mini PC at work.

Lots of fiddling round with resolution on remote computers, but eventually I got something together that gives me an option to sit in the garden.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Simply working from home laptop isn't up to much for me because I have to move around large files.

I've got a PC hidden in a cupboard at work that I remote into from home. It's one of those mini PCs the size of book, got two massive external hard drives which i bought from Amazon and I mainly use it to trans-code video over night.

I've got a huge monitor at home that folds back into a cupboard, so usually I'm inside with two screens, that one and the laptop.

Today I tried something different. Put the laptop in the cupboard and remoted into that from a Microsoft Surface from the garden. Bought some software (for £7.99) that transforms an Android 9inch tablet into a second PC monitor. Just stuck email on there.

So I was using the surface to remote into a laptop that was remoting into a mini PC at work.

Lots of fiddling round with resolution on remote computers, but eventually I got something together that gives me an option to sit in the garden.

I have no idea what you are on about but I’m sure [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] will soon be on to you for having a garden !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here