Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Holidays in 2021 ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In theory, I'll be going on honeymoon (not booked yet).

Whether that's possible in practice, no idea.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have two weeks booked late July in Mexico so expecting this not to happen, may ask if it can be deferred for 12 months.....

D

Deleted member 2719

We need to spend any cash we can in the UK regarding holidays for the next 5 years and back our nation to the hilt.
We are in this together, feck the Sun and sangria.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We need to spend any cash we can in the UK regarding holidays for the next 5 years and back our nation to the hilt.

I just get this feeling that holiday insurance will include some expensive clauses, resulting from this Covid-19 issue.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Was meant to be going to Australia in a month but that's obviously been cancelled. Would like to re-book before the end of the year but it's looking like I'll have to wait a year.

D

Deleted member 2719

I just get this feeling that holiday insurance will include some expensive clauses, resulting from this Covid-19 issue.
Too right.
There are so many benefits to back britaln in the short to medium term, the problem is will people have the balls.
If they care about their children and grandchildren, they will.

If they are selfish, and can't see any further than the end of their noses, then god help us.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'd go to Shanghai tomorrow if I could, I haven't seen my wife for two months.

I've got a flight booked to Gatwick end of June, and I've not been back to UK for 3 years. I don't think I'll end up coming back which is a real shame, given my parents are aging.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Too right.
There are so many benefits to back britaln in the short to medium term, the problem is will people have the balls.
If they care about their children and grandchildren, they will.

If they are selfish, and can't see any further than the end of their noses, then god help us.

We're sticking with NT cottages, unique and quirky.

D

Deleted member 2719

We're sticking with NT cottages, unique and quirky.
Great idea, britain has so much diversity, something for everyone.
I have never been to Scotland, or Northern Ireland, what better time than the next few years.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Hoping to at least be able to drive somewhere later this year but not counting on it - imagine a spring 2021 trip will be the first opportunity, curious how comfortable we (and everyone) will be with flying at that point!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Was looking forward to 3 weeks in the Maldives this September for honeymoon, as we were supposed to be getting married today!

Unfortunately we've had to postpone the wedding obviously which is now (hopefully) taking place in September. As flights/holidays probably still won't be a thing in September we'll surely be going next year instead. Whenever possible really!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I do vary it, but I love Spain, the people, the wine and the food.

I fully expect to go Spain large. At least a couple of cities, an Island, some mountains and lots of beach.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've already written off 2021 for holidays as I have zero confidence that restrictions will be fully lifted.

It’s a concern. Will various governments allow crowds on planes or in airports?

If that’s the case, hopefully Eurostar will take people with cars, I’d be fine driving to nations where even now lockdown’s scheduled to substantially end eg Austria. That’s if they’ll have travellers from other nations!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’m not booking anything until this is over, I was booked to go to Turkey a couple of weeks ago, got offered a credit note or full refund, if I accepted the credit note I could have booked another holiday but I opted for full refund which Travel Republic say will take months. To be honest I’ve written the money off, credit note would be worthless as I suspect they will go bust.

So I’ve had my fingers burnt so won’t waste anymore money until this nightmare is over !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Got quite a ‘bucket list’ of travelling to do over the next few years if I stop working, but really can’t see much being possible even next year. Loads of parts of the UK I want to explore too though so will just do that instead and save the faraway stuff for later. Probably start with a tour of the Scottish Highlands next summer if we’re materially restricted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

**** that.

I look forward to my post card from sunny Stoke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here