Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dutch Premier league made null & void

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
No champions and no teams relegated.

Suspect this may well happen here despite the keenness to try to carry on and finish the season because of the financial implications .

On a selfish front , I would be pleased because we could easily end up getting relegated this season !

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would imagine that there is a lot less pressure on the Dutch league from sponsors, TV companies, etc than there is over here

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would imagine that there is a lot less pressure on the Dutch league from sponsors, TV companies, etc than there is over here

Not just about that - it’s a lot easier to void a league that didn’t have an obvious winner. (Ajax and AZ dead level)

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

I think there would be more pressure to actually cancel now, so next season can start on time.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Give Liverpool the title, just put * next to it so we can all point out how they never actually won it, they were given the title.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If that were to happen here, wouldn’t it mean that we’ve only officially played 2 seasons in the PL? I’d rather take our chances of staying up this season and start a 4th, not another 3rd.

But, it would be exceptionally funny if Liverpool didn’t win the title, Palace’s result against us was made null and Leeds had to stay down even if it doesn’t feel right to me.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
I admit an interest here as my wife is from Liverpool and a red (after bha where we are both STs) I just dont understand the numbr of plsters gloating over the possibilty that Liverpool wont get the title. What have they done to deserve that from us?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I admit an interest here as my wife is from Liverpool and a red (after bha where we are both STs) I just dont understand the numbr of plsters gloating over the possibilty that Liverpool wont get the title. What have they done to deserve that from us?
I have no beef with Liverpool after living 14 years there back in the day. But I think the plastic scousers in Sussex are the cause of the ire. The ones that think they are true Liverpool fans for turning up at the King and Queen in Brighton who act as though they have accomplished something by watching 'their' team in a pub.

I've no problem with anyone being fond of any team, it's a free country, but the bloke at work who has never travelled beyond the Watford gap, who constantly tells me how great 'his' team is, is annoying. Okay, not everyone can afford to travel about, I understand, but if you really support a club then you'd at least make the effort to go once like Muslims visiting Mecca.

These kind of people are why there is antipathy against Liverpool.

N.B. there are also some who are closet man u fans and some who have racist type attitudes.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Eventually every league is going to go this way, because they don't have a choice. Some are less prepared than others to face that reality right now, though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I don’t understand it either. It does seem to irritate some on here that plastics boast about their ‘team’ in the pub.
Maybe it makes them feel better laughing at others?

Jimmy Grimble

I don’t understand it either. It does seem to irritate some on here that plastics boast about their ‘team’ in the pub.
Maybe it makes them feel better laughing at others?

Pub/social media/work/any platform they can pretend to be a scouser from.

I don’t know if it’s an age thing, but I have slight disdain for all the big clubs having had to spend the 90s/00s growing up with others who scoffed at supporting the Albion and instead chose to support one of the big boys for no reason other than they were the best.

Forgive me for finding it funny when something goes wrong for one of those sides after having had to put up with insufferable twats for many a year asking which Prem team I supported[emoji106]

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

I don’t know if it’s an age thing, but I have slight disdain for all the big clubs having had to spend the 90s/00s growing up with others who scoffed at supporting the Albion and instead chose to support one of the big boys for no reason other than they were the best.

Forgive me for finding it funny when something goes wrong for one of those sides after having had to put up with insufferable twats for many a year asking which Prem team I supported[emoji106]

Agree with this, it's not Liverpool per se, it's Southern reds, but I'd include City and Chelsea these days as well

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Mainly for me, it’s the plastics, especially that lot who get together in either the King & Queen or The Font. I was in there when they had Liverpool vs Newcastle on, we were surrounded by plastic Reds. Rossy G and I gladly celebrated Newcastle’s goal to to confusion of those around us. Liverpool won in the end, which was actually the better result for us :lolol:

Another thing that really did it for me was seeing them boo the National anthem when they were at Wembley, I thought what a bunch a wankers. A lot of them seem to have this ‘Scouse not English’ delusion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

And you never learned to rise above it? I supported Brighton from the early 60s, married a Northerner, and had to put up with every supporter in Yorkshire pulling my leg. The Leeds fans were the worst, but the Sheffield, Huddersfield & Bradford fans I worked with we’re nearly as bad. Shrug your shoulders and learn to ignore it.

Jimmy Grimble

Dutch Premier league made null & void

And you never learned to rise above it? I supported Brighton from the early 60s, married a Northerner, and had to put up with every supporter in Yorkshire pulling my leg. The Leeds fans were the worst, but the Sheffield, Huddersfield & Bradford fans I worked with we’re nearly as bad. Shrug your shoulders and learn to ignore it.

Of course I ignore it. I’m not sure why that would stop me finding it amusing when something goes wrong for them though?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

One of the biggest reasons I really want to beat the big teams is because of fans like that, so no, I won’t ignore the twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here