Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Lockdown and relationships

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It looks like this pandemic lockdown is going to crucify my relationship with my Mrs....

I may well have to find accommodation sooner rather than later. How can this work if we are in lockdown? What is the guidance on moving to rent? I cannot be the only one realising that my relationship with her indoors isn't what I thought it was? This situation must be affecting many others in a similar way I'm guessing.

I am looking at renting a 2 bed property with parking for two cars, pretty much anywhere within a 10 mile radius of good ol' BN1 ASAP. Approx 1K rent per month. Non smoker with readies, ready! References can be obtainable if required. I am a professional business owner and employed by my own company.

PM me with details if you have anything available, or you can email chris@psvsolutions.co.uk.

Thanks in advance of any help.

Muzzy

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hope you and your other half can work through the problems.

Rather than moving is there a friend you can stay with for a few weeks, the government have said moving to stay with someone is allowed when it's to avoid a potential issue at home, but the stay has to be in the term of days/weeks rather than hours. If moving is unavoidable then it is allowed if you can find somewhere to move to and follow all the social distance guidelines etc.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sad and hopefully things will change for you rather than having to move out.

Certainly it's putting new strains on the relationship between Mrs W and I. Doesn't help that she isn't working while I am so the constant interruptions from both her and Miss W tend to rile me somewhat !

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It looks like this pandemic lockdown is going to crucify my relationship with my Mrs....

I may well have to find accommodation sooner rather than later. How can this work if we are in lockdown? What is the guidance on moving to rent? I cannot be the only one realising that my relationship with her indoors isn't what I thought it was? This situation must be affecting many others in a similar way I'm guessing.

I am looking at renting a 2 bed property with parking for two cars, pretty much anywhere within a 10 mile radius of good ol' BN1 ASAP. Approx 1K rent per month. Non smoker with readies, ready! References can be obtainable if required. I am a professional business owner and employed by my own company.

PM me with details if you have anything available, or you can email chris@psvsolutions.co.uk.

Muzzy

There are a lot of partners driving each other nuts at the moment. That doesn’t mean you should through the towel in.
I’m not sure how big your home is, but I’ve found it helpful to have an area of the house for the mrs and an area for me, during the day.
At the risk of sounding smug (and we are fortunate in that we can both carrying on working ) we are getting on better than ever. It definitely helps to have space in working hours, with a meet-up at lunchtime.
Good luck with it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very sorry to hear this, the govt need to get a move on with removing their restrictions

Absolutely, remove the lockdown now thus ensuring more lives are lost - extremely responsible behaviour.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's times like these, I'll re word that as there hasn't been times like these. When you're in each others faces constantly and you'd rather choke her than talk to her, I think it's time to move on. I'm sure you've looked at it rationally and both of you have decided it's not worth the hassle of being either miserable, or wound up all the time. Both of you have looked at it rationally, haven't you?
If it's just you and you're going to leave her because she's getting on your tits, buy a cave in the middle of nowhere as you'll never find someone who'll not

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Muzzy

I'd be interested to know what you find out, as I fear I may be in a similar situation soon.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION] sorry to hear that, whatever course it takes, I hope it works out for you.

Are kids involved, do you own the home? I’m thinking legally, so that you don’t do anything rash now, that comes back to bite you.

Regarding you two, is counselling something you’d both look at?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry to hear that. The latest advice from the CPS via the police council is here: https://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/COVID-19/Documents/What-constitutes-a-reasonable-excuse.pdf

On the third page under 'likely to be reasonable' it says "Moving to a friend’s address for several days to allow a ‘cooling-off’ following arguments at home." with the explanation "The Regulations allow people to move house. This means that individuals can move between households. But this should be a genuine move (ie,measured in days, not hours). "

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely! I mean what's a few more deaths if we can ensure divorce rates don't soar!:ffsparr:

Eventually, a balance will need to be struck, because mental illness, alcoholism (article on ITV in the last hour) and suicides will increase. As well as many cancer patients not getting the treatment they deserve just now.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We have now been in lockdown since 16th March. Total lockdown for me since 20th.
My wife is allowed out for shopping but I cannot leave the house at all.

Not a cross word and getting on really well. :D:D

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We have now been in lockdown since 16th March. Total lockdown for me since 20th.
My wife is allowed out for shopping but I cannot leave the house at all.

Not a cross word and getting on really well. :D:D
That really helps the OP

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sorry to hear you're having a tough time [MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION] I hope you sort it out in a way that works for you.

I have to admit I was worried about how this would impact my relationship. I've gone from working away 2 to 3 nights a week to being at home 24/7 on furlough, but so far me and the mrs have got on really well and its been easy (as it ought to be I suppose). Its weird because its almost better that it was. When I was working away my most common phrase uttered when I was back home seemed to be FFS, but now I'm home fulltime there's none of that. No idea why.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Muzzy

Sorry to hear this. Good luck with everything.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here