Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Which is Christopher Nolan's greatest film ?

Which is Christopher Nolan's greatest film ?

• Dunkilrk

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Interstellar

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Inception

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • The Prestige

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Batman Begins

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Insomnia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Memento

• Following

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Which is Christopher Nolan's greatest film ?

What a cv from one of the greatest ever directors of all time. For me 1. Spielberg 2. Nolan 3. Hitchcock

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Interstellar for me

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Because I like almost all his films we rented Following and that, too, is a really good (somewhat dark) film made with very little budget. But the class is evident there.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Because I like almost all his films we rented Following and that, too, is a really good (somewhat dark) film made with very little budget. But the class is evident there.

A bit like Spielberg's, Duel, when you could see there was something very special there

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Interstellar is probably his best.

Inception is his blockbuster, and one of the most overrated films of all time.

My personal favourite is The Prestige - brilliant thought provoking film.

I agree bar Inception which is a masterpiece imo

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I need to watch Interstellar again. I've only seen it once and remember enjoying it but never going back for a second look.
Pretty sure the only reason is because I was with the current missus and she won't often re-watch films, meaning I don't re-watch many films anymore.

It's funny how your personal circumstance affects how you perceive art.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Tenet has to put Nolan up there with the great directors of all time and one of the best if not the best of current film makers.

He seems to be able to combine the ethereal qualities and strangeness of say a Terrence Malick film, with the atmosphere and suspense of a Denis Villeneuve.

I've watched Interstellar and Inception probably as many times as I watched A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back as a kid.

He achieved something akin to genius with Interstellar and Inception being made into films that really help together which such profound concepts, but Tenet takes that to a new level. To screw with your brain to that degree could have left this film in a congealed grandiose mess, but instead without even beginning to understand it, the pace, characters, narratives, produce a spellbinding film that kind of defies how far you can take a cinematic concept and make it work.

His exploration of time has to be one of the great achievements in cinematic history. Oh, I'm a bit of a fan by the way...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Memento and The Prestige.
Tenet was over-complex nonsense.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tenet has to put Nolan up there with the great directors of all time and one of the best if not the best of current film makers.

He seems to be able to combine the ethereal qualities and strangeness of say a Terrence Malick film, with the atmosphere and suspense of a Denis Villeneuve.

I've watched Interstellar and Inception probably as many times as I watched A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back as a kid.

He achieved something akin to genius with Interstellar and Inception being made into films that really help together which such profound concepts, but Tenet takes that to a new level. To screw with your brain to that degree could have left this film in a congealed grandiose mess, but instead without even beginning to understand it, the pace, characters, narratives, produce a spellbinding film that kind of defies how far you can take a cinematic concept and make it work.

His exploration of time has to be one of the great achievements in cinematic history. Oh, I'm a bit of a fan by the way...

I do like Nolan but found Tenet to be the “congealed grandiose mess” you thought it avoided, think he out-Nolan’d himself.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes thanks,I thought it was but I couldn't see it on the poll so I had a moment of confusion.
Tenet is fantastic and should be on the poll in my opinion.
It will be interesting to see how tenet does against inception and interstellar in such a poll as this.

Tenet wasn’t released when this thread was posted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Memento and The Prestige.
Tenet was over-complex nonsense.

Even as someone who loved Tenet - there is no way of arguing against that statement. It is his most polarising film I think, in the Guardian as an example Peter Bradshaw gave it 5 stars, Catherine Shoard 2 stars. One person's mess another person's genius.

I loved the nonsense. With Memento he tore up the process of stitching a film together that whether front to back or back to front, a story is a story to be unfolded before the audience. I left Tenet the same as the first viewing of Memento - slightly stunned, how did he do that? Couldn't disagree with you above though, because despite loving it, it is nonsense, and there doesn't have to be anything wrong with that. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here