Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bundesliga 'ready to return on 9 May', says German Football League

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
seems to be a fair bot of evidence that crowds of football not actually as bad for all this as you would imagine on the grand scheme of things.

Certainly seems fine for th eGermans who appear to be the masters of the outbreak

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What about their overseas players, many of whom I guess will have been repatriated at the start of the Covid-19 crisis? Will they be allowed/want to travel back?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't necessarily think it's a bad use of testing kids. The amount of kits we are talking about for 18 Bundesliga squads plus their immediate staff must be quite low. The impact of a return of an elite sports league would be huge - and not just in Germany.

As someone who has watched football regularly in the flesh for 26 years I wouldn't take behind closed doors lightly, but I watched the opening weekend of the AFL (before it was cancelled) and as an armchair fan it didn't ruin the experience.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Difficult to comprehend such an early start when its pretty obvious that large gatherings ( sport/music etc ) are not going to be allowed in the UK until sometime in 2021. I've said it before and I will repeat it...I am not going back to football until an approved vaccine has been widely available and administered.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I don't necessarily think it's a bad use of testing kids. The amount of kits we are talking about for 18 Bundesliga squads plus their immediate staff must be quite low. The impact of a return of an elite sports league would be huge - and not just in Germany.

As someone who has watched football regularly in the flesh for 26 years I wouldn't take behind closed doors lightly, but I watched the opening weekend of the AFL (before it was cancelled) and as an armchair fan it didn't ruin the experience.

I think we can all ' get by ' with a few games behind closed doors ( e.g finishing off this season ) but the prospect of watching the majority, if not all, of next season, in empty stadiums fills me with dread. Plus it will be the death knell for many smaller clubs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Difficult to comprehend such an early start when its pretty obvious that large gatherings ( sport/music etc ) are not going to be allowed in the UK until sometime in 2021. I've said it before and I will repeat it...I am not going back to football until an approved vaccine has been widely available and administered.

Maybe read the article before showboating your virtue? They're talking about playing behind closed doors. Oh, and it's a Bundesliga wishlist, completely non-sanctioned by government :rolleyes:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
seems to be a fair bot of evidence that crowds of football not actually as bad for all this as you would imagine on the grand scheme of things.

Certainly seems fine for th eGermans who appear to be the masters of the outbreak

How does that evidence stack up for those going to the matches crammed into public transport?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Maybe read the article before showboating your virtue? They're talking about playing behind closed doors. Oh, and it's a Bundesliga wishlist, completely non-sanctioned by government :rolleyes:

I don't show boat any virtue. I get my head down and keep working hard, in a vital industry, through this crisis, to try and help others. I did read the article. I think its too early to discuss or consider any sort of return, even behind closed doors. Its ridiculous league chairmen meeting in this country to discuss possible timelines. There are no timelines. You have to be patient. We can all have bloody wishlists. I want to go out hiking or visit the coast or go abroad but it aint gonna happen.
We are all learning how to live without certain things, particularly football. To be truthful, most of us aren't missing it that much and that scares the shit out of football. They are terrified of their value being downgraded. Less interest, less income. Football keeps trying to remind us that its still there and keen to restart but in the whole scheme of things, its way down the pecking order. At the moment, I don't want to hear football authorities and footballers talking about potentially returning to work. They are not a vital service to the community and as such, will have to wait their turn. If it takes some considerable time, so be it. They can join the queue of publicans, hoteliers, bar owners, restauranteurs, caterers, holiday operators, airlines, cruise and ferry operators and thousands of other similarly affected businesses, whose very livelihoods are at stake and know they are months away from any sort of resumption of trade.( Cue.... more eyerolling )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here