Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
stgeorge.jpg

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Oh lor' - aren't we allowed to use the St. G........ word now?

Bollocks to that old tosh! It's 53 years ago today that my dad passed away so St. Georges day has a special meaning to me and I'll mention it and refer to it as such.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
These days if you say you're English you get arrested and thrown in jail

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Oh lor' - aren't we allowed to use the St. G........ word now?

We should always be allowed to mention George on here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Today is Shakespeare's birthday.

Why not celebrate someone who was English and actually existed ? Teach kids some real history.

St George's Day ? What the **** is that all about anyway ? What are we celebrating ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
These days if you say you're English you get arrested and thrown in jail

It's rather odd insofar as I've mentioned my nationality on many occasions and not once been arrested.

Must be the way people go about it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

Why not celebrate someone who was English and actually existed ? Teach kids some real history.

St George's Day ? What the **** is that all about anyway ? What are we celebrating ?

St George wasn't English but certainly existed.

Saint George (Greek: Γεώργιος, Geṓrgios; Latin: Georgius; d. 23 April 303) also George of Lydda, was a soldier of Cappadocian Greek origins, member of the Praetorian Guard for Roman emperor Diocletian, who was sentenced to death for refusing to recant his Christian faith. He became one of the most venerated saints and megalomartyrs in Christianity, and he has been especially venerated as a military saint since the Crusades.

Obviously the dragon bit is symbolic.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The sun is shinning, most of us can have a sneaky beer in the garden this afternoon to celebrate our national day and then there's you being a miserable git !

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Why wouldn’t you be allowed to wish someone a happy St. George’s day?

Tsk - who left that post there, without clear marking. I nearly tripped over it and you could have had my eye out. Another one reported to the NSC Health and Safety Executive for some ladder safety training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here