Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Interesting proposal NFL owners to discuss.

Hiring minority candidates as head coaches or general managers would improve your draft picks.

Under this plan, a team could move up five spots in the fourth round if a minority head coach or general manager successfully entered the third year on the job, according to the report. Retaining a minority quarterbacks coach after one year would net a fourth-round compensatory pick, a nod to the importance of quarterback expertise to the head-coaching pipeline, according to the report.

Conversely, losing minority candidates to other teams would earn draft capital -- a third-round compensatory pick for a minority candidate leaving to become a head coach or general manager and a fifth-round compensatory pick to the former team for a coordinator hire.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...le-minority-head-coaches-draft-picks-football

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29180225/nfl-proposal-improve-draft-picks-minority-hires

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
New proposal for the onside kick to be discussed. A team could go for it it would be a 4th-and-15 from their 25-yard line. Sounds like support for the idea is growing. Would only be allowed twice each team in a game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
New proposal for the onside kick to be discussed. A team could go for it it would be a 4th-and-15 from their 25-yard line. Sounds like support for the idea is growing. Would only be allowed twice each team in a game.
I’m sure they used this in the XFL and also trialled it at the Pro Bowl. The onside kick is borderline impossible to recover for the kicking team so this does at least provide an intriguing alternative.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I’m sure they used this in the XFL and also trialled it at the Pro Bowl. The onside kick is borderline impossible to recover for the kicking team so this does at least provide an intriguing alternative.

An onside kick, under the old rules, contributed to one of the most incredible and improbable comebacks in the history of the NFL (2013 NFC Champ Game - Packers v Seahawks) - don’t know why we can’t go back to the original rules, it wasn’t broken?

https://youtu.be/zaRpzpGIzL4

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
An onside kick, under the old rules, contributed to one of the most incredible and improbable comebacks in the history of the NFL (2013 NFC Champ Game - Packers v Seahawks) - don’t know why we can’t go back to the original rules, it wasn’t broken?

It’s all about player safety.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Guess the new name:-

redskins.jpg

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Washington Redtails is the best logo design I've seen the spitfire looks amazing they should go with that. Warriors people already link that with NBA and Golden State.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
The Bills just sent me an email saying they will offer all season ticket holders the chance to sit this year out and keep their seat and seniority for next year. I'll probably have to accept. As a Canadian who needs to cross the border (closed for the foreseeable future) to attend games, this year will be the first year since 2004 I'm going to end up missing games.

US / Canada border is closed until at least July 31st (from middle of March) and 14 day quarantines are mandatory until Aug 31 for anyone who re-enters the country. I'm sure the border closure will be extended another month or more seeing as parts of the US treat Covid-19 like a big party.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Washington Redtails is the best logo design I've seen the spitfire looks amazing they should go with that. Warriors people already link that with NBA and Golden State.

To be honest I only went Warriors as I like alliteration in sports team. Pittsburgh Penguins, Jacksonville Jaguars, LA Lakers... you get the idea.

Just had a look on social media and the Redtails is by far and away the fan’s favourite.

6894AEBA-B367-4E04-A828-25E20A342ECC.png

I like it, a lot.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The Bills just sent me an email saying they will offer all season ticket holders the chance to sit this year out and keep their seat and seniority for next year. I'll probably have to accept. As a Canadian who needs to cross the border (closed for the foreseeable future) to attend games, this year will be the first year since 2004 I'm going to end up missing games.

US / Canada border is closed until at least July 31st (from middle of March) and 14 day quarantines are mandatory until Aug 31 for anyone who re-enters the country. I'm sure the border closure will be extended another month or more seeing as parts of the US treat Covid-19 like a big party.

The Bills have certainly picked a bad year to be looking at a deep playoff run for the first time in decades.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Terrible luck.
Think this could be the year for the Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Terrible luck.
Think this could be the year for the Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is The Bills you're discussing.
They are probably better off in a world of 'what might have been'.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What happens if this years NFL season doesn’t happen, is there still a draft next year or do the college players have to miss a year?

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here