Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

Jul 7, 2003
All international games cancelled for 2020 and will be held in the US instead.

Gutted as it appears my Broncos were expecting to play Atlanta over here.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Don Shula has passed away, 90 years old.

Very sad news, one of the dynasties with his sons coaching as well.

Is it right then he never lost his record for coaching the perfect season, crazy to think it has never been broken.

Also I think he has the most NFL wins as a head coach.

Attachments

• ef921c61ec4f56309a69f683cd8937bd.jpg
    ef921c61ec4f56309a69f683cd8937bd.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 78

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Also I think he has the most NFL wins as a head coach.

True - the All Time "Winningest" HC in league history. Only 2 seasons below .500 in all the years he coached.

Whoever your allegiance lies with, Shula was one of THE Legends of the game - and instantly recognizable to those of us who grew up with the sport in the 80s. Very sad news yesterday.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
All international games cancelled for 2020 and will be held in the US instead.

Gutted as it appears my Broncos were expecting to play Atlanta over here.

Shame but I think we all saw it coming a while back.

Might cause some interesting ticketing situations, as no comment yet from the NFL regarding people with "season tickets" (stupid term given the amount of games it consists of). First of all, will they allow STH's to remain even after a year off? And secondly, this could be the end of the Wembley games as I believe this was the last year in the current deal. If they move to Spurs, does that mean they cut all the Wembley STH's off? Or will they open them up again and ignore the promise to people who were lucky enough to get one for Spurs?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Is it right then he never lost his record for coaching the perfect season, crazy to think it has never been broken.

I think the Patriots might have gone 16-0 one year but then lost in the Superbowl. I could be imagining that though. So they came closest to matching it. But if someone does do it, they'll be breaking Miami's one, as that was a 14-game season, I think. I could be imagining that as well!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I know this is old news now, but I didn't see much about the uniform releases on here when they happened. Im a bit of a uniform geek tbh, so apologies if this bores you!

As a Browns fan Im over the moon they've gone traditional again, they look so much better. I wanted a white face mask brought back a la 1980's, but actually think the brown works well with the new uni.

EVqBkMNXgAAd8pz-1.jpg

Much the same for Tampa. Great to see the uniforms from their SB peak come back....although I think they've missed a trick by not going full retro with the creamsicle unis. Again though, like Cleveland, much better than the last Nike mess. That colour rush uni is awesome.

723d1e46efc731b9d8e1d2fc7a851fbc.png

New England, IMO, look better as well - although they should've gone with a white lid! Theres a definite trend for uniforms to be more traditional looking at the moment after Jacksonville went back to basics last year....

new-england-patriots-new-uniform-white-2020-590x492.jpg

....except for Atlanta! What a mess. Side stripes, drop shadow numbers, jersey fade...its all so "90's". Should've brought back the Mick Luckhurst era styling IMO, or just stuck with the throwback as the primary uni.

2020falconsuniform_4_courtesy.jpg

But the winners so far (LA Rams still to unveil...possibly Philly?) have to be the Chargers. 60's retro, with a modern twist, and the best uniforms in the league hands down - again. Also reminds me a bit of the days of my first NFL hero, Dan Fouts. Awesome.

chargers-3___21171127768.pngchargers-6___21171128840.png
IMG_20200401_170239_205.jpg

Any views or opinions? What would you like to see your team do in a "re-brand"?

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I personally think the Jags went a bit too basic with the new uniforms, they’re very clean, but a little bland. I still bought the teal version though, with Ngakoue’s name :facepalm:

The Falcons’ unis look like college gear.

Last edited:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think the Patriots might have gone 16-0 one year but then lost in the Superbowl. I could be imagining that though. So they came closest to matching it. But if someone does do it, they'll be breaking Miami's one, as that was a 14-game season, I think. I could be imagining that as well!

17-0 to win the Superbowl.

Yes 14 games in the regular season all won.

Pats in 2007 won 17 regular seasons games but as you say lost the Superbowl to the Giants.

so 19-1 season.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
But the winners so far (LA Rams still to unveil...possibly Philly?) have to be the Chargers. 60's retro, with a modern twist, and the best uniforms in the league hands down - again. Also reminds me a bit of the days of my first NFL hero, Dan Fouts. Awesome.

View attachment 123145View attachment 123146
View attachment 123147

Any views or opinions? What would you like to see your team do in a "re-brand"?

That San Deigo SUPER Chargers kit is fantastic. The RAMS always have a chance to match it with their great retro helmet logo.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bizarrely, the Seahawks are apparently talking to Marshawn Lynch about coming back (for the 435th time).

Really not sure about this. He was a legend, but we need to move on!

Still, Marshawn himself couldn't have put it better than in this interview with ESPN:
"But just as far as right now, what I do know is, Imma keep it solid. My agent has been in talks with Seattle, so like I said, we'll see what happens. If it works out and I get back up there, it is what it is. And if not, shit, I'm lookin' good. So I ain't really trippin' too much."

:lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems surreal Las Vegas Raiders...........

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Schedules all released!

As expected the Bucs is littered with Prime Time slots including a class looking week 5-10!

Still holding out a tiny chance of getting out there for my birthday which would be the Saints game albeit highly unlikely!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here