Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2020 Thread

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've always found that while the draft is fun, it's not worth getting too over-excited by it, or putting too much stock into it – beyond the first few key picks at QB etc.

Most players will take a couple of years to be truly NFL-ready, and by then who's good and who's not often changes significantly.

My team – the Seahawks – rarely fret too much over securing the big names, often preferring to trade down and scoop up several prospects in later rounds, in the hope that one or two may come good in time.

We desperately need cornerbacks for next season, plus depth in cover for the offensive line, but I don't anticipate these coming from the draft. It'll be trades, free agency and so on as rosters get fiddled with over the coming months.

Jul 7, 2003
Broncos have picked up Teddy Bridgewater for 6th round pick with Panthers paying $7m of the $10m salary for next year.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I've always found that while the draft is fun, it's not worth getting too over-excited by it, or putting too much stock into it – beyond the first few key picks at QB etc.

Exactly how I feel this year.

With my Browns usually picking in the top 5, I've always watched prospects closely from the Combine onwards - this year (with us picking at #26?) I've not looked at the Draft once tbh.
If you put me on the spot & asked who was picking #1, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you....totally out the loop since the Superbowl. I only know a couple of the QB's who could go early, but haven't a clue who any of the others are.

Cant even get excited with it being in Cleveland either really, even though the stage etc. looks pretty spectacular from pictures I've seen. Im sure I will catch up with what happens in the first round tomorrow, but wont be watching it live through the weekend like I have done the last couple of years.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Could actually be one of the more interesting drafts for a number of years.

After the first two picks which are pretty much nailed on the draft could go in a number of directions.... who are SF going to pick at 3 ? Will Atlanta trade down or take the best player in the draft in Pitts.

Will Fields and Lance slide meaning one of the QB needy teams trade up to the top 10... something the Pats never do but seemingly are willing to this year. Plus at least 3 elite WR expected to go in the top 12.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Going to be a good one I think. Potential for a lot of trades. With 5 projected 1st rd QBs, some decent depth at OL, WR, LB and to a certain extent CB teams have a lot of flexibility in who they choose so moving down as well as up could make sense for a lot of teams.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
So what is going to be the best way of watching the games this season, know Sky have their NFL channel, but they don't always show all the games live

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So what is going to be the best way of watching the games this season, know Sky have their NFL channel, but they don't always show all the games live

NFL Gamepass is great value. There is an annoying blackout of the games that are on Sky but you can watch everyother game with the full US coverage so you will become well versed in American Insurance companies, trucks and the sideffects that come with every medication.

In addition you get the NFL network and an archive of all their programming such as America's Game, A Football Life etc. Team game archives go back about five years and every Super Bowl is on there too.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
NFL Gamepass is great value. There is an annoying blackout of the games that are on Sky but you can watch everyother game with the full US coverage so you will become well versed in American Insurance companies, trucks and the sideffects that come with every medication.

In addition you get the NFL network and an archive of all their programming such as America's Game, A Football Life etc. Team game archives go back about five years and every Super Bowl is on there too.

This. I’ve had GamePass for years and I find it excellent value.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:ohmy:

[tweet]1387848942432489478[/tweet]

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There is an annoying blackout of the games that are on Sky but you can watch everyother game with the full US coverage so you will become well versed in American Insurance companies, trucks and the sideffects that come with every medication.

Having to watch ads for Geico auto insurance has to amount to cruel and unusual punishment and it always seems to me that the side effects of these drugs are worse than the condition they are trying to prevent

:ohmy:

[tweet]1387848942432489478[/tweet]

Seeing the Raiders linked as one of the teams Rodgers would allegedly want to be traded to. Inject that dream scenario into my veins.

Would be a better use of our 1st round pick than watching Gruden and Mayock - in all likelihood - reach for another "high character" guy at 17 that they fell in love with and could have traded back for. I'm used to that sort of pain by now :lolol:

That and we could probably dangle Carr as a carrot for the Bears to give up a nice little haul of picks for if we somehow got Rodgers.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Does their coverage always cut back to studio after each play like Sky does? I find that really annoying. I'm quite to hear the pundits, but I like seeing the players milling around, getting ready. I wish there were wider shots of the field too, always seems to focus on the line of scrimmage and relying on the viewer having a sense of scale and distance from the pitch markings. I really like a wider shot first, then cut to the snap so you get that picture of distance before the play unfolds. Perhaps it's just the way they do it, but as a fairly new viewer, I find it quite frustrating.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Does their coverage always cut back to studio after each play like Sky does? I find that really annoying. I'm quite to hear the pundits, but I like seeing the players milling around, getting ready. I wish there were wider shots of the field too, always seems to focus on the line of scrimmage and relying on the viewer having a sense of scale and distance from the pitch markings. I really like a wider shot first, then cut to the snap so you get that picture of distance before the play unfolds. Perhaps it's just the way they do it, but as a fairly new viewer, I find it quite frustrating.

They cut to ads, they head back to the main studio at halftime. You will get the odd cut to the booth, but most of the breaks are for ads. This is not as annoying as it sounds, the ads can be pretty entertaining.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
As long as he doesn't burst into a song & dance routine halfway through a play, the Jets will be fine :lolol:
Wilson is the only player I've previously watched in a game from this years draft stock (back in 2018/19), and he looked a great prospect then. Reminded me a bit of Mayfield.

173110592_4300493353330653_7605588494453380517_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here